The online racing simulator
Fakenickers
(15 posts, started )
Fakenickers
Just experienced a annoying thing. Fakenickers. illepall
It seems like it's the new thing nowdays. Fakenicking with a good players nickname and then get him banned.

Todays situation was. I joined a server. I was in the lead. Some less worth human being suddenly changed to my nick (colors and everything) and crashed other cars. I was ofcourse voted for a ban since that shemale voted like crazy on me.

Why does LFS support this? It's totally retarded that somebody can change to a currently used nickname on the same server and then act like an idiot.

Who doesn't agree?
Quote from tehSnaile :Just experienced a annoying thing. Fakenickers. illepall
It seems like it's the new thing nowdays. Fakenicking with a good players nickname and then get him banned.

Todays situation was. I joined a server. I was in the lead. Some less worth human being suddenly changed to my nick (colors and everything) and crashed other cars. I was ofcourse voted for a ban since that shemale voted like crazy on me.

Why does LFS support this? It's totally retarded that somebody can change to a currently used nickname on the same server and then act like an idiot.

Who doesn't agree?

Im quite sure that LFS doesnt support this and although I understand the frustration, S2 shows the players registered usernames, so its only the screen names that can be cloaked.

Email the server admin (whoever they are) and explain, most are quite friendly.
#3 - jmkz
I'd like the screen names to be compeltely REMOVED, and only the S2 registered names to be shown
#4 - Gunn
But if an offender has been banned then it is his real LFS user name that should be banned, not the on-screen nick. It should be impossible to have two identical nicks on the same server.
Quote from Gunn :But if an offender has been banned then it is his real LFS user name that should be banned, not the on-screen nick.

Exactly the point i was going for... just came out wrong
Quote from Gunn :But if an offender has been banned then it is his real LFS user name that should be banned, not the on-screen nick. It should be impossible to have two identical nicks on the same server.

Well. Altough I registred S2 I mostly play on demoservers. So.. This fails since demoplayers doesn't have real LFS usernames.
I just wan't it to be impossible to have two identical screennames. Visible characters. "^3^3Hello" should be treated as "^3Hello" and even "Hello".

EDIT: I would gladly play on non-demo servers but unfortunately my favourite combination, gti + blackwood is really hard to find on a registred server. Especially if you wan't any opponents.
#7 - Gunn
It's sad to see disruption like this. Saving a replay may help to identify the culprit (ctrl + shift shows real user names when on-screen names are enabled), but really there is little you can do except contact the server admin. It is up to server admins to decide how their servers are managed in regards to preventing players from joining.

I think that some players who disrupt racing do not realise that they can be identified by their real user name by any other player. It just isn't worth being annoying online because in the long run the community will refuse to race with people like that. Fortunately most people are sensible and fair.

*edit: ok, read your reply. Simply avoid demo servers because that is where people will misbehave anonymously. Nothing you can do about it, again, except contact the server admin.
#8 - avih
since it has happened before, on non-demo servers too, maybe the kick/ban votes should give more indication to the actual person in question.

suggestion:
1. put the kick/ban buttons on a different "names section" where the LFS ID is shown
(i.e. pressing N untill we get to a table of [SCREEN Name|LFS ID|KICK|BAN]. the k./b. buttons shouldn't be visible when only screen name is.

2. when someone is voted for K./B. and the rest has to press "1" to join the vote, show his LFS ID along with his screen name on the screen.

avih
Quote :I'd like the screen names to be compeltely REMOVED, and only the S2 registered names to be shown

Completly agree on that one,sick of using CTRL SHIFT to see who behind the name on screen.
Would be great if this change could be made in future patches

All the best
John
There must always be chance to change screen name. But not when in server. Maybe from website?
Quote from JohnPenn :Completly agree on that one,sick of using CTRL SHIFT to see who behind the name on screen.
Would be great if this change could be made in future patches

And I disagree. ctrl-shift isn't really that hard to use and it would take a way quite a bit of organizational freedom for leagues. Apart from the realname/nickname issue, you can still make other use for it. Take the MoE series for instance: 3 or 4 drivers driving one car. The way to identify them easily is use the team's number in the shown name. Wouldn't be possible with fixed lfsworld names as the only names that can be shown.
Or just offline. So to change it you have to leave and return. Perhaps have this a server option, because when making films etc it's nice to be able to change names to suit the scene being recorded.
Any system should detect duplicate nicks and not allow you to change yours to one that already exists. I'm sure people could change "I" for | and things like that but it'd be a start, and there would be at least some visual difference.
Quote from jmkz :I'd like the screen names to be compeltely REMOVED, and only the S2 registered names to be shown

People like to add things to their names like team tags and on some league servers people will want to use their real name. What about having 2 names set on LFSW with an option only to select one of these 2 nicks within LFS, having to go to LFSW to change your nick would certainly discourage this behaviour and what about a 'search nicks that look similar to mine' button?
Quote from tehSnaile :

Who doesn't agree?

Actually, it's those idiots that are retarded. LFS isn't 'supporting' anything, it
simply doesn't have code to prevent this. It's not like it's the first thing you
think of when you try to simulate car racing i'd imagine. This is yet one more
useless thing that needs to be coded so bored no-life jerks don't annoy good
honest people. Ok, so at least ONE good honest guy will get annoyed either
way.

Fakenickers
(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG