nederlands / dutch
(34 posts, started )
nederlands / dutch
hi scawen,
this is the belgium language pack, there is a dutch one, this is a belgium one
Attached files
Nederlands.txt - 48.9 KB - 379 views
Keys_Nederlands.txt - 3.2 KB - 253 views
funny post . i think victor maked the dutch version. because he is dutch.

reintjan
Quote from hotmail :funny post . i think victor maked the dutch version. because he is dutch.

reintjan

i just changed things like
je naar u enzo
meer de beleefdheidsvorm gebruikt
Quote from kiss me :i just changed things like
je naar u enzo
meer de beleefdheidsvorm gebruikt

Jullie zijn wat beleefder in Belgie. In Nederland spreken we niet iedereen met u aan (alleen oude mensen en mensen in een functie die gezag uitstraald).
Quote from marzman :Jullie zijn wat beleefder in Belgie. In Nederland spreken we niet iedereen met u aan (alleen oude mensen en mensen in een functie die gezag uitstraald).

je hebt gelijk, en voor een spel is het niet echt nodig
Surely if there are differences there could be a Dutch (Netherlands) and a Dutch (Belgium) pack, in the same way that there is a Portugese (Portugal) and a Portugese (Brazil). Or ignore this post if this isn't what you are talking about.
Quote from duke_toaster :Surely if there are differences there could be a Dutch (Netherlands) and a Dutch (Belgium) pack, in the same way that there is a Portugese (Portugal) and a Portugese (Brazil). Or ignore this post if this isn't what you are talking about.

hmm, yea, this could be the belgium language pack
Quote from duke_toaster :Surely if there are differences there could be a Dutch (Netherlands) and a Dutch (Belgium) pack, in the same way that there is a Portugese (Portugal) and a Portugese (Brazil). Or ignore this post if this isn't what you are talking about.

Yes, it are very small differences in politeness. I think something like British English and American English
Quote from marzman :I think something like British English and American English

In some pieces of software there are both UK and US English language packs
Why belgium? its ALMOST the same as Dutch.

Waarom belgie's, het is bijna het zelfde als nederlands
Quote from Bose321 :Why belgium? its ALMOST the same as Dutch.

Waarom belgie's, het is bijna het zelfde als nederlands

Because he wants too, because there are differences and because he allready made a belgian language file. Why make games in UK English and US English?
Well, if the Belgians insist on using "u" instead of "je" I think it's time for a separate Belgian translation indeed
In all seriousness, the translation is done by two Dutchmen and a Belgian guy and we've discussed almost every word to find the best compromise for both countries. All in all I personally don't think it has turned out that bad
Quote from traxxion :Well, if the Belgians insist on using "u" instead of "je" I think it's time for a separate Belgian translation indeed
In all seriousness, the translation is done by two Dutchmen and a Belgian guy and we've discussed almost every word to find the best compromise for both countries. All in all I personally don't think it has turned out that bad

I agree with that, we needed a mixture of "Dutch" and "Flemish", and now we've got it , good job

i think this should be in the official LFS package

p.s. if anyone is wondering why a part of belgium speaks almost the same language (only with accent) look on this image:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wi ... Netherlands_1559-1608.jpg
Netherlands, Belgium and luxembourg used to be one country (a long time ago)
But i still think one thing is strange. in that time it was called: "De Nederlanden" in dutch and "The Netherlands" in english, and now "Holland" only is called "Nederland" in dutch BUT in english its still called "The Netherlands". (You would say it has to change to Netherland )
Quote from R1K89 :I agree with that, we needed a mixture of "Dutch" and "Flemish", and now we've got it , good job

i think this should be in the official LFS package

p.s. if anyone is wondering why a part of belgium speaks almost the same language (only with accent) look on this image:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wi ... Netherlands_1559-1608.jpg
Netherlands, Belgium and luxembourg used to be one country (a long time ago)
But i still think one thing is strange. in that time it was called: "De Nederlanden" in dutch and "The Netherlands" in english, and now "Holland" only is called "Nederland" in dutch BUT in english its still called "The Netherlands". (You would say it has to change to Netherland )

There are still other countries part of "Kingdom of The Netherlands". The Netherlands Antilles and Aruba. So no need to change it (yet).
-
foutje (Johnny[NL]) DELETED by Johnny[NL]
Ik zat zojuist even door het bestand te lezen, en ik kwam het volgende tegen:

3a_prgbmptx Bulttexturen
zet 3g_x_banned %s^8 was gebanned
3a_tt_racew RACE_NAT

Wat zijn bulttexturen? Verder is 'gebanned' geen NL woord, als ik me niet vergis zal dit 'verbannen' moeten zijn.

Mijn oog viel ook op 'RACE_NAT', wat is dit precies?

mvg,

Johnny
1. De zgn. Bump textures.
2. Bedankt (er is trouwens keuze tussen bannen (gebannen) en verbannen (verbannen))
3. Gebruikt voor standaard wagensetups: race is duidelijk; nat staat voor natte ondergrond.
Bedankt!
Maar LSF heeft geen bumpmapping toch? En natte ondergrond? Dat heeft LFS toch ook niet, of is dat een feature wat er aan gaat komen?
#18 - joen
Quote from R1K89 :

Not entirely sure what you mean but it shouldn't be called Netherland.
The only correct way to refer to our country in English is "The Netherlands".
When you say "Holland", you're actually only referring to the provinces Noord-Holland and Zuid-Holland. The Netherlands is the name for all provinces together, and thus the entire country. The Kingdom of the Netherlands includes the Dutch Antilles. Much like Great Britain for instance. We Dutch often (incorrectly) just call it "Engeland", but that's just one part of the kingdom (I don't think many Scotsmen like to be referred as being English )
So actually the English name is more correct than the Dutch
Not trying to be anal and OT, but I had to say that :P
Improved language files
A seperate Belgian version is not really necessary. You can better say a Flemish version.

But I checked the Nederlands.txt and the help_Nederlands.txt file and improved it with some more dutch words. e.g. Replays is changed to Herhalingen and also some little typo's I've updated.

But I also saw that the "autocross" and "commands" files aren't yet translated in to Dutch... we can start translation that aswell.
Also I'm wondering where to find, or where to upload, the little countryflags find in the game where you change the language.

I'll hope you like this updated files and hopefully will see them when the new patch will be released.
Attached files
help_Nederlands.txt - 16.2 KB - 223 views
Nederlands.txt - 51.8 KB - 255 views
Quote from Liquid Li0n :A seperate Belgian version is not really necessary. You can better say a Flemish version.

But I checked the Nederlands.txt and the help_Nederlands.txt file and improved it with some more dutch words. e.g. Replays is changed to Herhalingen and also some little typo's I've updated.

But I also saw that the "autocross" and "commands" files aren't yet translated in to Dutch... we can start translation that aswell.
Also I'm wondering where to find, or where to upload, the little countryflags find in the game where you change the language.

I'll hope you like this updated files and hopefully will see them when the new patch will be released.

Maybe it's a Flemish thing, but i can't really call a replay from a game a "herhaling". It's not the same thing.
Quote from marzman :Maybe it's a Flemish thing, but i can't really call a replay from a game a "herhaling". It's not the same thing.

A replay is an "herspeling" of the thing you just did. I never heard people in the Netherlands say they didn't understand the word herhaling.

btw, I uploaded a version I now edited with the tool I found on the forum, LFSTranslator.exe

Tell me what you think.
Dit is gewoonweg een indicatie van de enge grens tussen het vertalen van zo'n woord - en bijgevolg het creëren van een mogelijk nutteloos neologisme, of het aanvaarden van een leenwoord uit het Engels.
Bij het zoeken naar regels hieromtrent stuit je ook onherroepelijk op tegenstrijdige meningen.

Uiteraard gaat het hier om persoonlijke voorkeur. Zelf ben ik geneigd de huidige (poging tot) vertaling te aanvaarden, maar suggesties worden zeker en vast geapprecieerd.
Je kan natuurlijk blijven aanpassen, dat klopt.

Maar wat ik zag is dat woorden zoals "cancel" niet vertaald werden naar "annuleren".
Een ander voorbeeld is dat "weggaan" gebruikt werd terwijl "verlaten" veel voorkomender in programma's/spellen staat.

Bij deze heb ik ook ineens de autocross file vertaald.
Attached files
Nederlands.txt - 51.8 KB - 198 views
Autocross_Nederlands.txt - 3.4 KB - 151 views
hm ik kan geen onvertaalde cancel vinden.

Over 'weggaan' gesproken, dat is niet eens een woord. "Ik ga weg" "Ik ben weg gegaan" "Wij gaan weg" "Wil je toch weg gaan?"
De laatste is misschien beter dan "Wil je toch verlaten?" .. ehh dat klopt niet, da's geen nederlands .. dus "Wil je dit scherm toch verlaten?". Kan, maar is langer En is nu opeens specifiek aan 'dit scherm' terwijl de vorige breder inzetbaar is.

Zelfde probleem heb je in deze zin "Kan niet weg gaan tijdens het laden". Het is in mijn ogen moeilijker om 'verlaten' te gebruiken EN het leesbaar in normaal nederlands te houden.

Maar in sommige plekken heeft het wel weer zin. Ook mbt de andere woorden waar de vertaling zich in bevind. Zoals in een lijst van opties :
SPACE - verberg / toon
ESC - verlaat (klinkt goed hier en is kort)

Vertalen is niet zomaar 1 op 1 woorden vertalen, er komt meer bij kijken.

Affijn omdat er vele meningen kunnen zijn, zijn er toegewezen vertalers die de beslissingen nemen over de LFS vertalingen. MBT je email naar lfstech over je vertaling : om deze reden wil ik je vragen om veranderingen hier op het forum door te geven zodat vertalers (illegal en traxxion (en ik)) deze dan wel of niet beslissen door te voeren.

Bij deze heb ik de 'weggaan'-gerelateerde vertalingen aangepast (zoals eerder beschreven). Mocht je nog andere verbeteringen zien dan kan je die hier doorgeven.
Quote from Victor :hm ik kan geen onvertaalde cancel vinden.

Over 'weggaan' gesproken, dat is niet eens een woord. "Ik ga weg" "Ik ben weg gegaan" "Wij gaan weg" "Wil je toch weg gaan?"
De laatste is misschien beter dan "Wil je toch verlaten?" .. ehh dat klopt niet, da's geen nederlands .. dus "Wil je dit scherm toch verlaten?". Kan, maar is langer En is nu opeens specifiek aan 'dit scherm' terwijl de vorige breder inzetbaar is.

Zelfde probleem heb je in deze zin "Kan niet weg gaan tijdens het laden". Het is in mijn ogen moeilijker om 'verlaten' te gebruiken EN het leesbaar in normaal nederlands te houden.

Maar in sommige plekken heeft het wel weer zin. Ook mbt de andere woorden waar de vertaling zich in bevind. Zoals in een lijst van opties :
SPACE - verberg / toon
ESC - verlaat (klinkt goed hier en is kort)

Vertalen is niet zomaar 1 op 1 woorden vertalen, er komt meer bij kijken.

Affijn omdat er vele meningen kunnen zijn, zijn er toegewezen vertalers die de beslissingen nemen over de LFS vertalingen. MBT je email naar lfstech over je vertaling : om deze reden wil ik je vragen om veranderingen hier op het forum door te geven zodat vertalers (illegal en traxxion (en ik)) deze dan wel of niet beslissen door te voeren.

Bij deze heb ik de 'weggaan'-gerelateerde vertalingen aangepast (zoals eerder beschreven). Mocht je nog andere verbeteringen zien dan kan je die hier doorgeven.

Daar heb je wel gelijk in ja. Ik zal nog eens even kijken of ik nog verbeteringen kan vinden, ik heb nu toch veel tijd.

nederlands / dutch
(34 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG