The online racing simulator
Formula XR feedbackless?
(18 posts, started )
#1 - axus
Formula XR feedbackless?
Is it just me or has the Formula XR got very poor feedback? This car would be completely awesome to drive if the steering wheel returned more than just a "Center Spring" effect... It is a great entry level formula car, but the fact that it doesn't give me enough feedback (FZ's have amazing feedback for instance) ruins the driving experience for me. Has anyone else noticed this?
sorry but it has great feedback to me!
I guess it does have the same effects than other cars. But it seems that the forces are really light. They are almost the same level as with UF1.
FOX has the most realistic feedback out of all of the cars.
Try increasing FF?

It's shame not all games have this easy way to decrease/increase FF effects while playing (like LFS has), without using any menus. :|
#6 - (SaM)
Quote from deggis :Try increasing FF?

It's shame not all games have this easy way to decrease/increase FF effects while playing (like LFS has), without using any menus. :|

Who needs other games.

And axus, I dont notice any difference in FF like you describe, it feels like the forces on the front wheels control it, just like any other LFS car.
#7 - Gunn
Has great feedback.
The Formula XR has lighter force feedback, but it's incrediably accurate. The main reason for that is just, due to the amount of downforce the car creates it very rarely gets out of shape. Throw it sideways then see the result.
#9 - ajp71
Is there a way of reversing the ff in LFS?
Do not forget its like that in real life to.

In karting its heavy and in the Formula Gloria its wery light.
Attached images
2004%20Parma%2014.jpg
2004%20Vallelunga%202-26.jpg
I think there is actually, but I'll let someone with a bit more knowledge of LFS as a program tell you how :P
It seems like its very easy to turn, but then if you slip off course a bit and nab some grass it lets loose and you realize that there is a lot of tension in there, the FF overall does need some work though, the effects seem very random and not very connected to "bumps" in the track, but the overall tyre force feedback is very good
To bad its feedback wasnt like that f3000 car in netkar .
#14 - axus
All the people that think it has good feedback, can I ask you to go and take it for a spin around some track and then when you go over bumps ask yourself "Does that feel right? Am I getting enough feedback from the car here? Is it on par with the rest of the cars in LFS?". You may have simply not noticed it before, but I find it ruins my drive... It is almost boring to drive and spins come out of nowhere.
#15 - ysu
it's one of the best cars in S2 imho
I don't have any problems with the feedback either.
For those 'invisible' bumps: I feel them better in the fox than any other car.
If you haven't noticed, FF is very setup dependant. So it may be your setup softening all those effects.

Besides that, it's wise to use a pretty high wheel turn compensation, because a low one (combined with a high steering lock) will hide all those nice little effects because they simply end up too small to be "feeded back". Also, if you drive over a bump perpendicular, you won't feel anything because there weren't any sideways forces acting on the wheels at all.

And you may want to set your "FF steps" to 255 in the cfg file. Standard is 128 IIRC.
Try increasing caster value in your set. More caster gives stronger centering forces
when i was cutting the curbs in the singleseater i didnt feel anything else than rumble in the stearing. Like rumble and not forcefeedback. So the FF in LFS is very real in my opinion.

Formula XR feedbackless?
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG