The online racing simulator
New Google Feature - Coolest Thing Ever!
(108 posts, started )
#1 - Jakg
Google have just released 'Street View'. I believe it is only available in the states at the moment, and only a few major cities but its soooo cool!

Go to maps.google.com and click on the 'Street View' button (where you would normally change your map type to satellite etc). Then click on one of the cameras (I did Las Vegas) and follow the instructions.

Not too sure how to describe what it does but its very very clever technology! Try it!
#2 - _rod_
That is very nice, damn!! Loving it
it'd be nice if they listed out which cities have Street View.
Wow, that's nifty. Just took a wander through manhattan to the New Music Cafe.
#5 - Jakg
its not really all that new of a concept. a9.com did it a few years ago (although i can't find it on their site anymore).
#7 - TiJay
Check out a company called Immersive Media and watch their demo videos- 360 video panoramas. They also did the Street View for all the cities except SF.
Quote from Jakg :Google have just released 'Street View'. I believe it is only available in the states at the moment, and only a few major cities but its soooo cool!

Go to maps.google.com and click on the 'Street View' button (where you would normally change your map type to satellite etc). Then click on one of the cameras (I did Las Vegas) and follow the instructions.

Not too sure how to describe what it does but its very very clever technology! Try it!

Very cool, i really do like this feature, lets hope we get some in england at some point
Played with that thing for a while today, very cool feature!
But they should really do racing circuits, starting from Germany.
Heh, in New York you can see how they did it, because each intersection you go back or forward the same car is behind it.

Very cool.
Quote from Jakg :And Microsofts version :S

Google's version is slick and efficient and fun, the Microsoft version is just a mess and a subtle xBox ad, following the company line at least then
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :That truck/bus driver should be arrested for going down the wrong way!

Also for having an Xbox 360 Controller on the right side of the dashboard.

lol.
Ahahaha, ye true.

Driving while playing consoles is not good *takes his PS2 out the car*

Frenchy
wow! that is really cool!
Haha that's cool. I'm staring at my mom's San Francisco apartment. They haven't done my town yet though. I live just northeast of SF across the bay. Google's headquarters is about an hour south of me.
no street view button for me anywhere
Quote from Da Hoe :no street view button for me anywhere

yep same for me.
i dont get it.
thats great it even has My street road one of the longest roads in ireland
^^ Looks like the Germans are missing out!
Quote from nikimere :^^ Looks like the Germans are missing out!

seriously, where is it?
or supposed to be?
im lost.

because its's only for germans, i say it in german^^

Auf google.de gehen, unten rechts auf "google.com in englisch" klicken und dann oben in der leiste "maps" klicken. Dann biste aufm englischen google maps und kannst des goile feature ausprobieren
What is the deal with Germans and Google. :P

(108 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG