The online racing simulator
OTHER things...
(4 posts, started )
OTHER things...
Look, I know everyone here wants NEW CARS and BETTER AI and NICER SCENERY/CAR INTERIORS, and to be honest, I'd love all those things just as much. However, if the developers want to be different, I would actually love to see them take a "side-trip" and work on some other "less important" things.

For example, I really think it would make this game much more appealing if someone could sit down and actually get these cars to sound real. I mean like gravel hitting the wheel-wells and real skidding sounds and REAL suspension noises/brake squeals/sound effects. Car Sound Remixer scratched the surface, but that still sounds fake by a long shot. To me that makes a big difference in realism and entertainment.

Also, how about working on the smoke? Another tiny detail that most people would not put at the top of the priority list, but EVERYONE is talking about it, why don't you DO IT?

Little details I think are very important in a game. For example, how about backfire flames from the exhaust (to go along with updated sounds?)

One of the neatest things that I think would look nice would be dirt. Not on the track, but on the cars. I don't know the technical way to do this, but there should be a "dirty" skin for each car that is overlayed on top of whatever skin is already on there. And over the course of say 100 laps, this skin becomes more and more opaque so that by the end of the race, parts of the car are very dirty (including the windows.)

Even such things as dust that you can wipe off with working windscreen wipers would be neat. I know that everyone has 2392742 ideas for tiny things like these that they'd like to see implemented. I'm not saying that we should altogether stop working on the important things - I just think that it would be nice if every once in a while, the developers just took the time to use one series of updates (patch z maybe?) and just add a couple of these features.

But thats just my 2 cents
I don't think anyone would disagree with improving the sound or including the other things you've mentioned - especially the dozens of other people that have mentioned those very same things many, many times before you
IMO

They should really try to fix all the wall bugs...

I hate those the most
Quote from Hankstar :I don't think anyone would disagree with improving the sound or including the other things you've mentioned - especially the dozens of other people that have mentioned those very same things many, many times before you

Exactly. Absolutely nothing new in these suggestions. Right now, the important things are big fixes, important features (full pitstops and the like) and physics tweaks. Dust, dirt and all the flashy stuff are not important at all, really, until the important things are done.

However, I do think the sounds need some more tweaking, soon, as they are an important part. Things like gravel hitting the undertray and that kinda crap is not important at this point, but the engine sounds themselves are important. But, this has been discussed to death so there's no point in doing it now.

Please search next time.

OTHER things...
(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG