The online racing simulator
Server Crasher
(40 posts, closed, started )
[TC] Dont run insim, and it just happened to us.

Username : evilpimp was on the servers at the time. He did it 2 times, both within 1 minute of connection.
Quote from Btoryo :Theres this guy crashing servers, username evilpimp. He just crashed [LTC] Live to Cruise, WWD Drift, Carribbean Cruise by CLC 1. Hes on a streak He also crashed the TS server. Anyone know whats happening? He also made me reconnect without me leaving the server? How is that possible? He crashed 3 servers 1 after another. Weird how same thing happens in 3 different servers. He is Undercuver h4x

EDIT: Added picture.

And guess what? I lost my car on LTC!

Goodbye XFG. I shall miss you
He's my hero

/I'm an ****
Quote from R34GTR :He's my hero

/I'm an ****

YOUR THE HACKER!

Quick guys, Get him! :biggun:

On a serious side - http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=442201#post442201

I did a report of the situation. And I've possibly uncovered what causes the automatic restarts?

In the CLC server I have spoken to 2 people who have crashed the server with their name being on the list twice, They both said that they timed out and reconnected.
Read the report for the full jist.
I yesterday had the pleasure to get visited by a server crasher - he succeeded in his mission which took him about 15 secs.

Lapper installed in 7 month this has never happened to me.

I installed LFSstat yesterday and only 1 hour later the guy crashes my server.

I attach 2 screenshots.
Attached images
Servercrash2.JPG
Servercrash1.JPG
The most important thing to know is which version of the LFS dedicated host you are running, because there was a known way to crash a server in version X, which was fixed in one of the test patches.

It's best to use version X10. If X10 can be crashed then I'll need to look into it.
Well that ends the Scawen on holiday thread running
Quote from Bradracer :hmm, one of our servers is stuck on "A player is disconnecting", and it is only one person there (username: TIM05) , so no admins can go in to do a /reinit

Not sure whats happenening, hopefully once I can get intouch with our host he can do a remote restart of the server.

If anyone has any clue what causes this to happen, or want to see for yourself, the server name is:

[TC] CityDriving JamaicaW

Im puzzled how it could happen

Thanks

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
that will happen when you try to disconnect when having/during a server lag spyke.
Quote from Bradracer :hmm, one of our servers is stuck on "A player is disconnecting", and it is only one person there (username: TIM05) , so no admins can go in to do a /reinit

Not sure whats happenening, hopefully once I can get intouch with our host he can do a remote restart of the server.

If anyone has any clue what causes this to happen, or want to see for yourself, the server name is:

[TC] CityDriving JamaicaW

Im puzzled how it could happen

Thanks

Quote from [TDRT] Spøgelset :I yesterday had the pleasure to get visited by a server crasher - he succeeded in his mission which took him about 15 secs.

Lapper installed in 7 month this has never happened to me.

I installed LFSstat yesterday and only 1 hour later the guy crashes my server.

I attach 2 screenshots.

the first .jpg shows how he crashed it, it was the NIA messages he used you fool.
stupidity
im really beginning to think people are just plain stupid these days
Me too, especially the ones who post 3 times in a row.
lmao i can post more if you'd like.

hey, also i like your avatar.

hey, you like me "shiny red flag"
Quote from fthsjustin :the first .jpg shows how he crashed it, it was the NIA messages he used you fool.

and why was my post in that? we didnt run insim then. Its a bit naaive to call people fools when you dont actually know them at all.
This is an old thread now, The bug used for this has been fixed and should no longer be a problem. Continuing will simply cause confusion.

Hope you will all agree with me in closing this thread.
This thread is closed

Server Crasher
(40 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG