The online racing simulator
Somebody save me!
(17 posts, started )
Somebody save me!
Hi all! I need help, a serious amount of it. I feel like I'm losing my passion for cars and racing. I am actually depressed and I've read about it a bit and while it seems understandable that you lose interest in things and not as an active person as you would be when you aren't, however, I fear that I'm losing my passion for cars and racing in general. I still drive a lot in LFS and reinstalled rFactor last night and have been driving a lot. Any suggestions on something that could boost my passion?
Quote from Leprekaun :Hi all! I need help, a serious amount of it. I feel like I'm losing my passion for cars and racing. I am actually depressed and I've read about it a bit and while it seems understandable that you lose interest in things and not as an active person as you would be when you aren't, however, I fear that I'm losing my passion for cars and racing in general. I still drive a lot in LFS and reinstalled rFactor last night and have been driving a lot. Any suggestions on something that could boost my passion?

Rfactor is the blame,gives such a bad vibe toward's cars
Get in your car (if you have a licence) and go for a cruise, think about things. Ponder why you enjoy racing, and why you don't. Kick it sideways when nobodys around (only kidding, be safe on public roads) I find watching old motorsports footage helps. Any fast paced videos work well for me.
~Bryan~
Quote from Leprekaun : I feel like I'm losing my passion for cars and racing.

Maybe it's because of the lack of updates in RL...
I also lost my passion for Chess, lack of new figures really kills it for me... also football, jeez... only one ball and two goals... it's getting repetative..
/end of Sarcasm
#5 - CSU1
Quote from Boris Lozac :Maybe it's because of the lack of updates in RL...
:

Lmao!...good good

yeah lep watch that stockholm video it'll get the blood goin
Maybe you're overdosing on LFS? Might be worth a try to actually *stop* racing for a while and doing something else. At least for me the LFS addiction comes in phases, sometimes I'm absolutely hooked, then a few months later I don't touch my wheel and only spa.. contribute to the forums, for example. If you actually like racing so much that you fear you could lose the passion for it, then I very much doubt this is actually possible for you. You might need to turn it off for some time, but it will surely come back
#7 - dadge
right clicked, saved as......or is it a different way
#8 - CSU1
....didnt last too long, online at burnout crew#1
LOL! . Ah, well, I think I've exaggerated how I'm feeling about racing. I still enjoy it .

I can't get enough of it
Quote from Boris Lozac :Maybe it's because of the lack of updates in RL...

Ha! Now that is funny. Updates in RL actually took a turn for the worst for me and I've lost the passion for driving IRL. Had to trade my truck in due to a serious problem (changed into a $5000 hunk of scrap metal) and inherited the wife's 150k mile Altima with freakin auto tranny. Nice car for wifey, but pile of crap for a driving enthusiast. But I'd rather my kids be safe in the new wifey car than me have something and wifey and kids running around in the Altima falling apart going down the road.

Tough to keep up the passion for driving IRL when you're stuck in a car dimensionally built for a woman and with an auto...
Quote from Leprekaun :Hi all! I need help, a serious amount of it. I feel like I'm losing my passion for cars and racing. I am actually depressed and I've read about it a bit and while it seems understandable that you lose interest in things and not as an active person as you would be when you aren't, however, I fear that I'm losing my passion for cars and racing in general. I still drive a lot in LFS and reinstalled rFactor last night and have been driving a lot. Any suggestions on something that could boost my passion?

LOL that happened to me years ago, with my father away (hes the one that made me to love cars and racing), and me of 10yo....... what i did i saw races, and played racing games, like nascar2003 etc..... until i found LFS months ago i live my cars and race life to the maximum,..... i recommend u this: to find ur real passion, ur passion u carry its on ur blood.....and ur not going to loose it, if u loose it now, ur going to recover it i promise lol..... but see races, and magazines like F1Racing, or so....try to find the interest way in the races u watch

i hope u undertood me
I kinda feel the same as you did Leprakaun, sometimes. I sometimes can't be arsed to do anything, and just feel like going to bed, and never get out. Most of the time that's because I don't really eat enough, and when I eat and drink something i'm full of energy again .
I'm here for all of you to talk to if you want to.

Then again I have my own problems

(See seperate thread)

DK
Take a break.... take a week or two away from games... see how u feel then
Do the things you know your suposed to do but don't because your always playing LFS then when they are done, jump back into LFS and you will enjoy it again What things? I'm sure you know what I mean
Quote from Glenn67 :Do the things you know your suposed to do but don't because your always playing LFS then when they are done, jump back into LFS and you will enjoy it again What things? I'm sure you know what I mean

Agreed, I started to loose interest in LFS then I would have to stop playing due to work commitments. After I finished the work come back and the magic was back
Read my sig!

Somebody save me!
(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG