The online racing simulator
Which steering wheel?
(16 posts, started )
Which steering wheel?
I apologize if there is already a thread like this!!

I have been playing LFS for a while now and I am thinking of buying a steering wheel.

Can anyone recommend a good one or which one I should buy. Please feel free to include hyperlinks, pictures or the names of the different wheels.

Cheers!
Quote from chrislennon16 :I apologize if there is already a thread like this!!

Then get on your knees... we have a whole sub-forum dedicated to wheels!

My advice: have a read around.
well i cant find it! lol

can u link me to it?
#4 - Jakg
link in ma signature
thanks
Quote from chrislennon16 :I apologize if there is already a thread like this!!

I have been playing LFS for a while now and I am thinking of buying a steering wheel.

Can anyone recommend a good one or which one I should buy. Please feel free to include hyperlinks, pictures or the names of the different wheels.

Cheers!

Chris, to save you the bother, I have asked the question and trawled through the forum threads here.

If you are getting a new wheel then the two options that are "affordable" (sort of!) are these two:

Logitech Driving Force Pro - about £65 which seems to be the best of the reasonably priced wheels!

Logitech G25 - the dogs whatsits! If you can afford it, it sounds like the cream of the crop!

====================

as to where and price, I know someone ordered a DFP yesterday through amazon for £60 +5 shipping! as you can find in the link below:

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=24786
priced in between: thrustmaster rally gt pro clutch edition (app. 90pounds, 110 Euros, 130dollars)

3 pedals, many buttons, heavy and sturdy.

greetz

der butz
kk thanks for the info!!
Quote from chrislennon16 :kk thanks for the info!!

oh, and when you get your wheel, can you PM me and let me know what differences it makes to your lap times

and join my team too

What do you use now - keyboard?
Quote from StableX :oh, and when you get your wheel, can you PM me and let me know what differences it makes to your lap times

and join my team too

What do you use now - keyboard?

yeah, at the minute i am on keyboard. it is crap because u cant adjust the throttle - it is either on or off!
I know where you come from. I use the xbox controller and/or keyboard. they both have good and bad points. I do want to get a wheel though!
there is no wheel can beat g25,either in quality and precision(but its only my opinion)
#14 - Jakg
VPP stuff probbably can, but for the prices they charge it damn better be
VPP looks amazing but the price is ridiculous!
I own a VPP Wheel inclusive Hyperreal Pedals (incl. Clutch) and I can say this combo is worth every cent I spend on it.

Which steering wheel?
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG