The online racing simulator
Hotwheels Trans Am (XRR)
(10 posts, started )
Hotwheels Trans Am (XRR)
If anyone from back in the days of LFSFiles remembers my Ferrari FXO skin, it was comprised of pictures of several Ferraris and put down together to make one (what I thought to be) cool skin, while everyone else though indifferently. Anyways I come here today because I need a new XRR skin, and mainly because I've always loved this car through growing up at Road Atlanta, so I got to see it every few weekends.

Unlike the Ferrari skin, it is composed of only this one car, and it was taken outside so the lighting is more.. correct.

The pros about using real pictures is the amazing quality that comes out of it (unfortunately only I get to see it, but thats all that matters ). You will also notice I am using my GI skin template just to give it that all around realistic look. There are a few things that need touchups, but here are some previews of the skin (and for those that never saw, the Ferrari FXO [picture done by (NOZ)RockyZ in case you are wondering about the license plate ).

A few things need to be fixed but, its making its way towards completion.
Attached images
400S_FXO_xcferrari.jpg
Image9.jpg
Image10.jpg
You'd need a MUCH richer baby blue.

lol @ old ferrari from lfsfiles
Yea I'm trying to overcome my GI layers with the blue, its getting close though, it looks tons better without the reflections on.
Quote from XCNuse :...it was comprised of pictures...

...Unlike the Ferrari skin, it is composed of only this one car, and it was taken outside so the lighting is more.. correct...

When I read that I was expecting it to look really shoddy, to be honest. Pictures usually look terrible on skins. I was pleasantly suprised by this, though; it does look very nice!

Is this based on Jack Baldwin's Trans-Am Camaro? I ask because I always thought his was a much darker shade of blue (closer to that of the Hotwheels packaging) but this (and the picture in your avatar) is a much lighter blue.

[EDIT] BTW, This was always one of my favorite schemes growing up, too.
Well when I was there recently taking pictures of it, skinning never came to mind, but I remember seeing Scott Sharp on it because I know he used to race that car back when I was a kid, but I didn't get a [good] picture from the right side of the car because I remember it having his signature on the other side, but the side I can see visible names it says Paul and John Reisman (brothers I suppose).

For some reason though the name Jack Baldwin stands out to me, not totally sure why though.

I take that back, Scott Sharp drove the teammate car which was the RainX trans am.

Maybe it was Jack Baldwin that drove it when I was a kid.

lol I just looked up and ontop of my desk I have a little picture thing of the Super Prix '93 SCCA Trans Am race, and it shows the name and it says Jack Baldwin so.. hah go figure!

I'll scan the picture of the advertisement.
I just noticed that that is an actual picture taken of an ad board.. wow the things I've missed holding this picture for so long.
Attached images
Scan0002.jpg
Yup, Sharp drove the Rain-X car. Both were released as Skill level 3 model kits from Revell, along with Ron Fellows' Sunoco Camaro. Three of the best looking race cars in recent history imho.
Here is a preview of it in-game at KY. Now its using both the default skin overlay for added darkness with mine.

It actually is hard to see some things due to the shine, but it does add a very nice subtle look. Lots of work still to do though.
Attached images
hwprev.jpg
yee how you do it? Photoshop?
Photoshop work.
It looks really great! I love the detail near the number in the middle picture.. And i like the FXO Ferrari too haha

Hotwheels Trans Am (XRR)
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG