The online racing simulator
7900GS $128.99 - good deal for US/Canada guys
#2 - Jakg
WTF?!

Thats £105 in the UK, which is $210

G'ah
Grrr, I've got $50 sitting in my pocket. Newegg.com has a 6600GT for $30. I'm without any separate graphics card. Such a tough decision. I've been waiting forever to get a card. If I wait too long, that $50 is gone, sent into the gas tank of my car to get to work. I could hope to wait it out a bit longer for the 7300GT for $79. Then I see the 7600GS is only $129. When you have to put gasoline on the credit card week in and week out to get to work, it makes it very difficult to spend money on an unneeded graphics card.

I've been sitting on this $50 forever it seems. But I just put $1300 worth of new kitchen appliances on the credit card and I'm certain the car will need gas before payday, so..... I fear my long earned $50 of "me" money (ie, not wifey's) is going to be gone again.

Someone tell me what card would be a good matchup for an Athalon 64 3500 please! That way, when the time finally comes, I'll have an idea what is not too much gfx and not too little gfx....
Save that money rodgers and buy a more fuel efficient car and then you can spend even more money on stuff.

I've heard some pretty bad things about newegg though, I don't think I would trust them for supplies and accesories etc. Anyone have any positive feedback about newegg? Because they do have rediculously low prices.
I've dealt with newegg in 2 capacities. I've had them sponsor some of my teams and there, they werre excellent. In terms of both the Chinese and the North American offices, the service that friends have had, has been excellent. The good companies in NA are zipzoomfly, circuit city and Newegg to me for price and service!
Quote from mrodgers :

Someone tell me what card would be a good matchup for an Athalon 64 3500 please! That way, when the time finally comes, I'll have an idea what is not too much gfx and not too little gfx....

Ati X1950 GT would match that processor.
Quote from XCNuse :

I've heard some pretty bad things about newegg though, I don't think I would trust them for supplies and accesories etc. Anyone have any positive feedback about newegg? Because they do have rediculously low prices.

I ordered my x800pro, power supply, two sticks of memory, and a case fan from newegg. I've never had any problems with them. I made my own mistake though by purchasing incompatible memory sticks, but newegg made it easy to get a refund for them.
Bit OT-

Can anyone fill me in on the best AGP card on the market these days?
#9 - Jakg
eVGA nVidia 7950GT 512 Mb, but there is an AGP 8600GTS 512 in the pipeline - if its 256-bit it might be a smidge faster, but will have DX10
How much of a bottleneck is AGP?

I suppose its less of a bus bottleneck than the availble CPUs for AGP mobos.
#11 - Jakg
0% bottleneck - even an 8800 Ultra (bleh!) doesn't max out the bandwidth of AGP, but to put one on AGP would need a rediculous number of power adaptors (ie 5+) because AGP (and now PCI-e) just can't supply the card with enough power.

Although now the modern (7-series up) cards are PCI-e versions with an AGP Bridge slapped on them, and that does slow them down a little (~5% iirc), but usuaully the AGP ones are the slowest (and most expensive!) anyway - although the x1950Pro and 7950GT cards are very quick, i must say - although if you've got tht much cash maybe it's time for a new mobo?
ID rather pick the x1950GT for 114 than this 7900gs for 119
Me too.
X1950GT is same fast as 7900-7950GT.

I just wanted to post that deal in case somone would be looking especialy for 7900GS for whatever reason.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG