The online racing simulator
recomendations on steering wheel
hi ive just come bck from my mates house that has this game and now i realy want it so ive just downloaded it and il get my licence very soon..

i was just wondering if any of u hav recomendation to a good set of steering wheel and pedals. my mate has a microsoft force and that pritty good but i would prefer something with a slightly larger steering wheel and something that can also be used with my ps2. ive got a bugget of about £60
any help would be much appreciated.cheers mike
DFP should do you in, I dont know how much it costs in England, but that is one of the only wheels i know of that is worth the price and works for both PC & PS2.

The wheel itself isn't very large, but I dont think I've ever come across a wheel which is more than 10" wide.
#3 - Jakg
link in my signature, although the DFP (Logitech Driving Force Pro) is the best bet for you - £60, PS2 compatible and is a little bigger than the M$ wheel
cheers guys
if there much difference between this one and the slightly less expensive ones as i want to spend less if possible...? im not realy too bothered about the stick shift unless it on its own separate mounting so i can have it on the left handside.:spin:
can u also use the 900degree wheel movement on lft?
#5 - Jakg
you can use the 900°, yes

The non-pro versions are a lot cheaper, but imo piles of rubbish

Theres a wheel guide in my sig, btw
ye thanx i just found it after my reply
i so want the g25 but cant stretch that far
cheers
there isnt two versions of the dfp is there?? it just the ones for sale at places all say playstation 2 and nothing about the pc?
any cheap places to buy from that u know of?
It is made for the PS2 specifically, but Logitech has made programs that support it for PC use.

If you are looking for cheap prices, search Google Products (formerly "Froogle"). It can set prices high to low, and searches everywhere.
hey Mikey. I have been doing the same as you and looking. After some great advice by people here, the DFP is the way to go. In the UK after LOTS AND LOTS of research (mainly down to XCnuse!), here is by far the best bet. I have spoken to them and all correspondance has been really fast between me and them.

http://www.darkplanets.co.uk/p ... ech-driving-force-pro.asp

Takwe a look.

£61 ex. shipping
i was a couple quid short of £60 and there's no DFP retailers where i live so i bought the Logitech driving force EX, 270 lock but imo all you need. good enough FFB motors to give a challenge when driving. well worth the £50 although it's my first wheel so i couldn't give any comparisons. When you buy the wheel remember to get the logitech profiler and set your pedals as seperate axis, that kinda snuffed me when i bought mine without any software
#11 - Jakg
Sorry to rubbish it Benji, but the FFB on the DFP is WAY better than the EX, it has more mlock and you SERIOUSLY got ripped off if you paid £50 for it
Quote from Jakg :Sorry to rubbish it Benji, but the FFB on the DFP is WAY better than the EX, it has more mlock and you SERIOUSLY got ripped off if you paid £50 for it

Well thats GAME for ya . btw as i said, my only wheel ever so i'm not really one to recommend much
#13 - Jakg
maybe i'm just a wheel snob - my Momo served me fine for years (hooky sensors and all!), and yet after i got my G25 (...and it broke ) my Momo felt like sh*t
just ordered mine (dfp)
came to 60.99 with p&p a company through amazon.woop
cant wait to get it now, been having a little go with the keyboard
mouse if you aint got any analogue devices, keyboard=digital crapness!

Edit: grats on the wheel and dont worry if your slower for about 1 week
hey, got my wheel today it came from germany, didnt know so it has come with a europlug.
anyways, what power supply do they hav in this country? mine is 24v 0.75a will it be the same in this country? i just cant find any power suplies that are 0.75a? just wondered if they are different????

cheers mike
anyone with a driving force pro in the uk that can hav a look at the bck of there plug please?
#18 - Dru
where on Earth did you buy it from that shipped it with a Euro plug

If not answered later on i'll have a look.

I'm not sure if you can actually get a non-logitech power supply to fit as recently i had problems with a dfp and suggested that the power supply lead was faulty/suspect i asked if i could try something else and they said it was unique....

my advise, contact your seller or logictech direct to find out why you have got a euro plug on it..
I have heard complaints of some G25's arriving with euro plugs when they were first realeased, but i dont think they have that problem now
#20 - Jakg
my first G25 came with a Euro plug, i assumed it was Pixmania being annoyed
I've got a euro plug...

naah, not funny. Rate this post as spam please ;-)

greetz

der nonsensebutz
i got it from a company from amazon and ive now got a plug adaptor than conerts from euro to 3pin uk, so shud work fine now.
#23 - mr_x
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :I have heard complaints of some G25's arriving with euro plugs when they were first realeased, but i dont think they have that problem now

both my G25s came with a euro plug. I just used one from my CD player which i never use and not had a problem with it :P
I bought euro plug in pound shop I assume u already know the price lol.

edit: About the steering wheels
I would recommend u G25 on first place then DFP and then MOMO if u get any of them u won't regret.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG