The online racing simulator
InSim : Button system (now W30)
(54 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Insim.txt :NOTE : If width or height are zero, this would normally be an invalid button. But in that case if there is an existing button with the same ClickID, all the packet contents are ignored except the Text field. This can be useful for updating the text in a button without knowing its position. For example, you might reply to an IS_BTT using an IS_BTN with zero W and H to update the text.

It would be useful if some of the other fields were updated along with the Text field when W and H are zero. This would enable us to move buttons (changing L & T fields) or change their styling (BStyle field) without having to delete the original button and create a new one.

Furthermore, if the above change was made, an invisible button style would also be useful as it could simplify the control logic of our InSim programs.
I was wondering if there would be a way through insim/commands to set the throttle / brake and other axis. Sort of like the /press command that allows you to press keys. I think it would be neat to be able to "move" the axis as well as being able to push the buttons. Thanks hope its considered / added!
Quote from Peptis :It would be useful if some of the other fields were updated along with the Text field when W and H are zero. This would enable us to move buttons (changing L & T fields) or change their styling (BStyle field) without having to delete the original button and create a new one.

Furthermore, if the above change was made, an invisible button style would also be useful as it could simplify the control logic of our InSim programs.

If you just send a button with the same id the old one is deleted. So ... just store the position somewhere
Quote from GeForz :If you just send a button with the same id the old one is deleted. So ... just store the position somewhere

That is how I have done it in the end; I wrote a button manager to handle the button logic.
This thread is closed

InSim : Button system (now W30)
(54 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG