The online racing simulator
Just looking for someplace to race :(
(9 posts, started )
I'm fairly new to the game (been playing demo for maybe a month, and just got S2 about a week ago), and due to my timezone (I live in Hawaii), have found that it's very VERY hard for me to get any racing in on the weekdays, because really, there's barely anybody online when i'm awake :P.

So i'm just looking for a fairly recognized team that has fairly regular races, where I could just actually get some seat time in.

I'm not excessively experienced, but I can lap ok on most maps, and know how NOT to cause a collision. I also know basic things like how to properly rejoin a track, and how not to be a dick when shown a blue flag.

So really, I don't believe i'd cause too much stress in any races :\

Anybody?
Can´t really help you into a team.
I
just want to tell you that you shouldn´t forget the demo servers. I just checked ( official W ) and right now there are more racers on the demoservers as in S1/S2 as well as there are some good grip demoservers to find.

Good luck finding your team.
Quote from [TDRT] Spøgelset :Can´t really help you into a team.
just want to tell you that you shouldn´t forget the demo servers. I just checked ( official W ) and right now there are more racers on the demoservers as in S1/S2 as well as there are some good grip demoservers to find.

Good luck finding your team.

I can't ****ing STAND demo servers.

Full of retards I tell ya.
Quote from sinkoman :I can't ****ing STAND demo servers.

Full of retards I tell ya.

Right..

[TDRT] Spøgelset
Demo racer
Quote from [TDRT] Spøgelset :Right..

[TDRT] Spøgelset
Demo racer

You and maybe 20 other demo players are sane.

In fact, prior to making my last post, I had taken your advice, and was playing on a demo server.

I was racing against 3 other people, first race of the day, and I try to pass this guy on the outside of the first turn of the first chicane, which you probably know means that if all goes well, i'll be on the inside of the following turn.

Well, I hit the apex of the first turn a little too early, and ended up with little more than half my car in the grass on the second turn. No biggie I figure, i'll just re-adjust and get back on the tarmac, since I still have 2 wheels there.

But NO. The **** that I was trying to pass decides to just stick to his line, HUG THE INSIDE OF THE TURN AS CLOSE AS POSSIBLE WITHOUT HITTING ME, which effectively BLOCKED me off of the road.

Now, since I was about to slingshot into a wall on the outside of the straightaway, I decided to nudge back onto the track little by little, NOT HITTING THIS GUY AT ALL mind you.

So i'm pretty much side by side with this ass hat, maybe an inch away from hitting him, and we were both closing on the next turn pretty fast (I'm still half on the grass). I'll on the inside of this turn btw.

I figure I should probably ease off on this next turn so that I can get back on the road. BUT, BUT, this anus next to me apparently decides to pretend that I don't exist, STICKS TO HIS LINE, meaning that he blindsides me at 100+ MPH, which throws my car into the air, and his car off the tarmac.

Then he starts telling ME, "WOW, some people, JEES, CMON MAN, WHAT THE HELL!!!!!".

OH, MY GOODNESS.

I thought I bought S2 to get away from these kinds of people :ashamed:
Your race time is a pity. Maybe you should try to get into a league, there are the cleanest races normaly. Like the DTM NA Devision would fit very nice to your times zone and they are looking always for guys. The next season will start in August (www.simfia.com). Get some practice with the FXR or XRR cause those guys there are damn fast

Good luck buddy
Quote from tomylee :Your race time is a pity. Maybe you should try to get into a league, there are the cleanest races normaly. Like the DTM NA Devision would fit very nice to your times zone and they are looking always for guys. The next season will start in August (www.simfia.com). Get some practice with the FXR or XRR cause those guys there are damn fast

Good luck buddy

I fear that i'd be nowhere near good enough to compete in something such as the sim FIA

I'm just looking for a group of guys that meets and races fairly regularly, at times that i'd be awake and open to race at.

Either that or a fairly regular league that's entirely amature.
Quote from sinkoman :I fear that i'd be nowhere near good enough to compete in something such as the sim FIA

I'm just looking for a group of guys that meets and races fairly regularly, at times that i'd be awake and open to race at.

Either that or a fairly regular league that's entirely amature.

Doesn't have to be sim FIA,i've been playing 8 months now and wouldn't there go there look for some American leaguesm,similar timezone's
SimFIA has the DTM in the american time zone.

Why people are scared of SimFIA?

There you will get more skills much faster. I'm not that fast but it's a lot of fun and you learn a lot there.

(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG