The online racing simulator
Going the Dvorak way
(34 posts, started )
When I saw the picture of Bob's keyboard, I almost had a panic attack. Really, I find it hard enough to switch between standard english QWERTY and the Turkish layout which just changes a couple of keys. And this!

Bizarre!
After a few days with this layout I'm getting quite reasonable at it. If you've got a spare week, plenty to type, a little patience and no deadlines, then I say give it a shot. At the very leant it's something to talk to your geeky mates about and elevate your status in geekdom.
i surely will _never_ switch to a different layout.
it took me almost 2 years to be able to type properly without any big mistakes, and yet i still cant type without looking.
even this short sentence took me about 40 sec which is kinda long
Quote from Shotglass :i dont get how they arrive at that price either but i guess its down to the classic microswitch keys

Maybe it works out expensive to get blind people to design your products for you.
I'd say so. In fact, I'd say being a blind designer would be the worst paid job ever.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I'd say so. In fact, I'd say being a blind designer would be the worst paid job ever.

i dont have any actual data but i doubt the guy who designed the bmw 7 series is starving
Quote from jamesrowe :Wow how mod's change threads, I think Niko is not the main spammer! It is actually..... BOB SMITH!!! (Shock horror)

NEVER TRUST THE SHIT BOMB!

*Banned from LFS Forums for 7 Months*

Quote from axus :It's optimized for fast typing. QWERTY is designed to slow typing down because the mechanical arms on old typewriters would get stuck, making the process a mess if you type fast. However, with computer keyboards that's not an issue.

That's interesting, but then again, I type incredibly fast compared to how it was before I started playing LFS and foruming

Quote from dawesdust_12 :I might need to scream at the system admins at my school to enable dvorak as a input form, claim it to be a religious choice = win

Just buy a chain that says Dvorak on it and claim that you will boycott the school computers if they don't make the proper religious choices...*poor humour*

I don't think I could last on a Dvorak, hell, I just started memorizing the qwerty D:
#33 - Jakg
Yes, a mega uber bump, but I just thought i'd ask how it's going?

Might be bored enough to try this over the summer...

Going the Dvorak way
(34 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG