The online racing simulator
Why are the LX's not driven?
(41 posts, started )
Quote from colcob :Coo touchy. I just meant that the exchange rate currently means that imports generally are expensive for americans, wasnt trying to make a political point (nor would I bother because I suspect our politics are light years apart).

If its any consolation, american goods over here, particularly computer and entertainment products, just get the dollar symbol swapped for a pound sign and the numbers left the same.

I think any developed country tends to only export its higher value goods, or its Unique Selling Points.

Uhhh I was asleep when I wrote it... Sorry,
What I meant was...well what I think is the case is the UK has a more socially progressive gov't. so therefore taxes...
and I figure the cost of materials and labor are affected by this and the fact that the UK is an Island, the cost of getting materials and in some cases labor
All influence the price of the pound (not concerning with imports and tariffs, just domestic production) - But I was just waking up and got called away...

But it did sound in your post that you were "blaming" the USA for
the economic situation there, when it's pretty much always been that way AFAIK
(Going waay WAAY WAAY off topic) I don't know much about economics,
but I think the various economic models out there depends on the
size of the nation (area, as well as population) to some degree as to whether or not that particular model will succeed or not. Not TOTALLY dependent on that, but to a certain degree.

Ok.. going back ON topic ....
Uh I vaguely remember someone saying they were going to tone down the LX-4 so it could be used with the TBO class.
My only real complaint about the LXs is you can't skin the front fenders.
But overall, I think they did a good job on them for S-2.
Quote from markredden :
Bull. The last time it was "roughly 2dollars for a pound" was 1993.

Uh 1.50 2.00... what's the difference... yeah i know I know a BIG difference when dealing with Zillions of either, but I'm talking about the standard business exchange rate you here described on the Business section of the news... and at one for one... that translates to about $2 to the pound
#28 - robt
GETTING BACK ON TOPIC:

i find the LX6 impossible to drive, but the LX4 brillaint, i can drive it fine......and thats using a keyboard!!!! got some reasonable times out of it, but i liek the way you can just slide around corners using the throttle (yes throttle control on keyboard :s )
Quote from robt :GETTING BACK ON TOPIC:

i find the LX6 impossible to drive, but the LX4 brillaint, i can drive it fine......and thats using a keyboard!!!! got some reasonable times out of it, but i liek the way you can just slide around corners using the throttle (yes throttle control on keyboard :s )

uhhh thank you for gettin, or trying to get on topic

Any ways... u are a K/Board user? LOL in s-1 i didn't think you coul' ve
had much fun with those cars after they released that one patch

Any ways...., IO haven't used the LX 4 after the S-2 alpha patch,,,,
Are you saying as a Kb er that you can now?

Uh (maybe going off topic again) My son used the KB... I learned on the mouse...Even before that one patch (patch H?) I always thought that
the KB/Mouse use user were SOL compared to wheel users when using the LX cars

After the release of S-2 alpha, I thought K/Bers couldn't use that particular car in an effective manner. LOL by then I and my son were hard core wheel users (if he'd quit trying to flirt & brake his own neck, he might be persuaded to get his own account )
Anyways, my final verdict still stands: they are fine as they are... 4 & 6
#30 - axus
Quote from Racer Y : (if he'd quit trying to flirt & brake his own neck, he might be persuaded to get his own account )

Wait, wait. You are saying your son needs persuasion to get him to buy his own LFS account? Screlige - disown him!
Christmas is coming up Racer Y, get him an account and a motion simulator!!! Then he'll really enjoy the LX's
#32 - axus
Quote from Tweaker :Christmas is coming up Racer Y, get him an account and a motion simulator!!! Then he'll really enjoy the LX's

He won't appreciate it as much as I would - can't I have it!
Quote from Tweaker :Christmas is coming up Racer Y, get him an account and a motion simulator!!! Then he'll really enjoy the LX's

You know, he might... just one slight problem... We only have one computer.
We had two at one time, but the other one was my wife's comp and she would never EVER let me or the kids touch it... unless it was to get her mining level up
in Cybercrack(runescape) while she went to the bathroom. When she ran out on
us to hang with her new internet friends(cybercrack heads) she took the damned comp too. Oh well I got a better computer desk out of it.
Dude, they need to have a reality show about your family.
To answer to the question in the title, I think evil. LX's, or the 6, have reputation of beeing a evil car to drive. And it isnt easy drive, doesnt forgive, snaps. And this reputation comes basicly from S1, it was the fastest and the worst car to drive then. Now its much better to drive, its hard but you dont have to be from outer space. Even I can drive it. I even have done 50 lap race in Aston club with it, and it was fun. When you notice you can keep it on the track nicely quick the feeling is great, its one of those you need to fight with to drive it, and its so fun...yaaah I dont have a glue what I am talking about, but its a shame that LX's or FZ50 isnt driven much.

And I do like to see somekind of track version of LX series, tried the LX6 with the Slickmod from Kegetys and it was amazing with grippy tires. Lighter, more power, slicks, driver to centre for balance, hardtop roof and rollcage, downforce would be cool to, but nonadjustable. That would be great car

Call Santa, Christmas is soon isnt it?
Saw a LRF server with somebody on it... joined... a few other people joined.... 25 mins later I was alone. I think people don't have the patience to learn. I will admit after driving the race cars so much, switching to road cars always takes some time to adjust, most particuarly the 6. Caterhams in real life ARE very sideways cars (if you get my drift ), but just slightly too much throttle shouldn't put you into a full opposite lock situation.
#37 - axus
Yes - we had 2 50 lap races in the LX's on Fern Bay Gold Reversed on Sunday - quite tiring... but it was such awesome fun... steering that car with the thottle around corners is just the most awesome sensation and then the high speed section in sector 2 is CRAZY...
So far I've found the LX6 easier to drive than the LX4, it could just be the setups I've used but the LX6 being a bit heavier feels more stable to me. I figure the reason people find the LX6 harder is they don't have good enough throttle control. The LX4 is the real drivers car imo.
LX6 and 4 certainly have their own personalities. I remember playing around with LX6 in the bl rally tracks, just made the car stupidly pushy and it was driveable . Though haven't really driven them since. And the reason is same as it is to the rac, the car can't handle speeds over 140kph. Like RAC or LX6 in AS4 REV, the car is all the time "loose" when speeds get up to 140 and over. Just a slightly wrong line over some little bump and the rear just suddenly steps out and there is only luck if you get it back straight. Maybe a rear wing could solve this?

True evil, but rewarding too I guess. But if we look at how many people want cars like rac and how often those cars are actually driven...
#40 - JTbo
Quote from Hyperactive :LX6 and 4 certainly have their own personalities. I remember playing around with LX6 in the bl rally tracks, just made the car stupidly pushy and it was driveable . Though haven't really driven them since. And the reason is same as it is to the rac, the car can't handle speeds over 140kph. Like RAC or LX6 in AS4 REV, the car is all the time "loose" when speeds get up to 140 and over. Just a slightly wrong line over some little bump and the rear just suddenly steps out and there is only luck if you get it back straight. Maybe a rear wing could solve this?

True evil, but rewarding too I guess. But if we look at how many people want cars like rac and how often those cars are actually driven...

It is just needed to tune wheel settings for these 'better' cars, default settings make them turn too much too fast and with little better settings are very nice to drive

There might have some problems with cars but I think that RAC and LX cars are most enjoyable to drive hotlaps, XR GT and FXO GTR are again cars that I like race online, mostly because there is not many guys that can keep LX cars and RAC under control when fighting from places.
They are enjoyable cars I agree! They just need very weird setups to make them fun to drive. And there are some points when I just want to burn that RAC #"¤#"&%&!

Krrhm, just a little bump and you're gone...

Why are the LX's not driven?
(41 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG