The online racing simulator
Start braking on the yellow!
(25 posts, closed, started )
I think that from now on I am just going to stop for yellow lights. I was driving my sisters car, and I was coming up on a traffic light. It turned yellow, and I thought I could make it through the yellow. But, I am ~40ft away from the intersection and going about 38MPH, and it goes red. So, I instinctively reached for the brake, but there were people behind me, so I just hit the gas and kept going. I was thinking of slamming on the brake pedal, but I would have gotten rear ended buy an SUV if I did. I felt that it was safer to hit the gas and clear myself of the intersection then slam on the brakes and cause the person behind me to possibly overreact, and roll their SUV over my sister's Saturn! Well, on the way back past the same intersection, I looked and saw no cameras.

So, this is a public serivce post: Don't try running the yellow, and look both ways briefly once the light turns green for people who are running the red on purpose or by accident (like me). Although, I did run the red on purpose, because I thought it was safer then slamming the brake.
Too many ppl do this, and I have a big laugh at those who gets stuck in the middle of the intersection because traffic is too heavy ahead of them so before they cross entirely, the intersecting traffic starts rolling - most of the time they just sit there and probably wish they were on a different planet
You were 40 ft away doing 38 mph when the light changed from yellow to red? And you were going for it? Sheesh, that means you were plenty further than 40 feet away when it initially changed to yellow, PLENTY of time to stop! Learn how do drive in public. Contrary to popular belief, yellow doesn't mean "hurry, it's turning red!" Even 40 feet at 38 mph when it turned yellow would have given you plenty of space to think "I should stop."

At 38 mph, you are moving at 55 ft/sec. Which with yellow lights timed at I think 3 seconds (perhaps more), you were 165 feet plus your 40 feet that you mention (205 feet total) from the intersection when it turned yellow. You really think you would have made it through before the light turned red? Please don't drive in western Pennsylvania. I don't want to see you out there on the roads I'm on...
-
(wheel4hummer) DELETED by wheel4hummer
Your an idiot if you dont stop for yellows.

Your story doesnt make much sense. Your saying that if you had braked hard the SUV behind would have hit you yet surely they had to stop for the red light as well
-
Ha ha, that was funny. Really enjoyed you finding me in the servers .

Thanks for that!
Way to go mike, being a perfect driver
dude you ran the red light you are the criminal. if it takes you 8 months to judge yellows you shouldnt be on the road. my last post wasnt there to flame you. this one is.
-
wow americans really cant drive

on a side note this thread is a perfect example of why i think of w4h the way i do
-
Amen Shot, Now we just need to find the hookers, beer, and pizza and we have a party.
something tells me the answer to bbts question #26 will double over night

Quote from dawesdust_12 :Amen Shot, Now we just need to find the hookers, beer, and pizza and we have a party.

and blackjack !
You people talk like I was driving recklessly or something. However, I just hade a lapse of judgement which lasted a few seconds that caused me to brake a traffic law. I see people who pass me driving at least 20mph over the speed limit, weaving in and out of traffic. There was some idiot on this forum who said that he can always find the perfect route or whatever to weave around traffic. I use my turn signal every time I turn or change lanes. I turn off my brights when people pass. I stop at traffic signals. Does one event make me a bad driver?
Alright! now you're talking Shot, way to go on these ideas.

*off to airline booth for planes to germaniumland*
I got my driving license about a year but as i don't have a car I only drive when visiting my folks, last time i drove my dad's car I remember stalling it in the middle of a street because suddenly out of nowhere someone (well in fact it was from the perpendicular right street) passed in yellow, well yellow is a way to say because I already had green light so he must had red light, the thing was that I reacted using my left foot to brake and stalled the car almost in the middle of the street, then I couldn't start it because I was too nervous and forgot that I had to rev it for 3 seconds over 3k rpm, well, when that happened to me I realized told my self to never try to pass a yellow light if I'm not already crossing the street.

Good that you didn't have to almost crap your pants to learn that lesson.
Quote from wheel4hummer :You people talk like I was driving recklessly or something. However, I just hade a lapse of judgement which lasted a few seconds that caused me to brake a traffic law. I see people who pass me driving at least 20mph over the speed limit, weaving in and out of traffic. There was some idiot on this forum who said that he can always find the perfect route or whatever to weave around traffic. I use my turn signal every time I turn or change lanes. I turn off my brights when people pass. I stop at traffic signals. Does one event make me a bad driver?

YES
Quote from Shotglass :something tells me the answer to bbts question #26 will double over night

and blackjack !

Ritalin and Haldol for the young ones,too.
calm down wheel4hummer, this isnt going to be far acting like that
Quote from dawesdust_12 :YES

Okay, you are a bad driver. You did something stupid and illegal on the road. How do I know? Everyone has done something stupid on the road before.
#19 - SamH
wheel, please calm down. I can't believe, after all this time on the LFS forums, that you really think a tantrum like this is acceptable.
we just arent stupid enough to post it on a forum
ok a few hints for driving on the road GREEN means go YELLOW and RED both mean stop! you shall do well to remember this!!! my guess is that your blond and female and that wether or not the colour of your shoes match your handbag is more important to you than the colour of the TRAFFIC LIGHTS

Quote from X tempor :
YELLOW and RED both mean stop!

Yellow i think its precaution , and red to stop
#23 - SamH
Okay guys, enough extracting the michael thanks.
Quote from SamH :wheel, please calm down. I can't believe, after all this time on the LFS forums, that you really think a tantrum like this is acceptable.

I sometimes begin to think that I have some sort of personality disorder. I always feel anxious for some reason too. I just am too embarrased to actually tell anyone that I feel that way.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personality_disorder
#25 - SamH
I closed the thread. I'll re-open it if you want, wheel, but I think it's probably safer closed.

I'm also uploading to YouTube, so my IE is moving like mud.
This thread is closed

(25 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG