The online racing simulator
More Power and revs?
(8 posts, started )
More Power and revs?
Hello together,

a while ago I had the possibility to test LFS and I was impressed by the great physics. Coming from F1 sims I'm missing a bit more power and revs, I found two interesting monoposti car models but the "better" one is limited to 9500 rpm and almost 500 HP.

In danger this theme has been posted a thousand times (although I did not find it in this forum :-)):

Is it possible to mod the car model to get more revs and more power? Or maybe is it planned to implement a F1 equivalent car behaviour in the future?

Hope someone has an idea

Thanks in advance

NOXPOX
It is probable that LFS will have an F1 car (or something very much like it) in S3. However, there is a program called LFSTweak that allows you to edit the properties of the car (power, weight, transmission, raspiness etc), but not the 3D model . The only problem, for you, is that it is not released for S2 yet. It is unlikely to be released until S2 goes final (we're in Alpha now if you didn't know).
You should still be able to find S1 and LSFTweak for S1 around somewhere.
Hello,

thanks for your answer, sorry for my late response (I've been in cologne for one weekend and we tested the nightlife a lot - hicks!).
However, I found the tool and S1 demo, I will check it out over the week. I hope, it will come true that the developers will implement a F1 like car in S3. If so I will buy the game immediately. Good stuff has to be supported!!!

NOXPOX
Generally its a good idea - for some reason there are quite few carsims that let you adjust settings on the motor itself, the only one i know now is Grand Turismo 4, and thats not even for PC.
#5 - jmkz
Nfsu/2 ?
Quote from NOXPOX :I hope, it will come true that the developers will implement a F1 like car in S3. If so I will buy the game immediately. Good stuff has to be supported!!!

NOXPOX

Halejujah man, devs put your dream car in S2! Well, it's not a F1 like car, it is REAL BMW Sauber F1 machine:

Formula V8 .............................................. BMW Sauber F1
Engine: 3.0 litre V 8 .................................. 2.4 litre V8
Power: 335 kW (450 bhp) @ 9063 rpm .......... 537 kW (720 bhp) @ 19076 rpm
Torque: 385 Nm (284 lbft) @ 7424 rpm ......... 284 Nm (209 lbft ) @ 16817 rpm
Total mass: 600 kg (1324 lbs) ..................... 530 kg (1169 lbs)
Power-weight: 559 W/kg (761 bhp/ton) ....... 1011 W/kg (1378 bhp/ton)

Now run and buy that licence!
TBH I think a lot of the cars have too much revs (e.g. LX cars). They almost seem half way between car engines and bike engines. :S
#8 - ajp71
Quote from Bob Smith :TBH I think a lot of the cars have too much revs (e.g. LX cars). They almost seem half way between car engines and bike engines. :S

Agreed, they do seem like very light, highly stressed racing production engines rather than true production engines in road trim found in the LXs RL counter parts. Also whilst the LX6 sounds lovely how many 1.8 straight 6 engined Caterhams are there, it would explain for why it's so much higher revving than a K series

More Power and revs?
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG