The online racing simulator
The Gentlefoot Ladder
(36 posts, started )
The Gentlefoot Ladder
Why have a ladder?

Not everyone can commit to a league event like the Gentlefoot Formula Challenge. Some people just want a ranking without having to race at set times. With this new ladder system you can race as little or as often as you want.

How does the ladder system work?

Initial ladder position will be decided by order of entry into the contest. The first person to enter will be ranked 1 and the second ranked 2 etc. Every person is then able to challenge someone up to 5 places above them in the ladder. The higher ranked player is obliged to accept provided the challenger offers a variety of times for the race. The challenger must allow the challenged driver time to prepare. The Challenged driver can request up to 1 week for preparation. The races will be sprints - between 3-5 laps only. If the challenging driver wins he moves up the ladder to the position the higher ranked driver was in. The loser will drop one place in the ladder.

What cars will be used in the ladder

There will be ladders for all Single Seaters to start with and if this is successful, further ladders for other cars will be introduced.

What tracks will be used in the ladder

The Challenger proposes the track and number of laps

How do I enter the Gentlefoot Ladder?

PM me and I'll add you.

How do I post my results

PM me the result. The result will be added as soon as both competitors have PMd me the result.

When does it start?

It's already started. I am ranked in position 1 at the moment

Please go to http://www.gentlefoot.com/LFS/forum/index.php to read more and enter.
I'v created ladders for the following cars: XRT, FOX, MRT, FO8, BF1.

If anyone would like to compete in a different car please let me know and I'll set it up too.
It´s a great idea. Hopefully this gets popular. It wouldn´t be much fun with only a few people participating.
Quote from Gentlefoot :If anyone would like to compete in a different car please let me know and I'll set it up too.

If you ever decide to set up a ladder system for the RB4 then I´d like to take part.
Quote from Kalev EST :It´s a great idea. Hopefully this gets popular. It wouldn´t be much fun with only a few people participating.

If you ever decide to set up a ladder system for the RB4 then I´d like to take part.

You want RB4 - you got RB4. Done and entered
-
(_rod_) DELETED by _rod_
One question: Say I'm second, I challenge the first, and lose. How many times can I challenge him?
Quote from Paranoid Android :One question: Say I'm second, I challenge the first, and lose. How many times can I challenge him?

If you keep losing...5... cos when you lose you drop a place...after 5 drop then you will be ineligible to challenge
I'm sure i posted in here earlier. I'll take a fox though

Edit: Ah was other thread.
Quote from Paranoid Android :One question: Say I'm second, I challenge the first, and lose. How many times can I challenge him?

As many times as you like. But remember:

"The Challenged driver can request up to 1 week for preparation."

This question made me realise another potential issue. If we allow challenges up to 5 places the top driver could end up with 5 challenges a week. A bit much I'm sure you'll agree. So I'm going to change that rule slightly.

If you are ranked outside the top 8 drivers you can challenge up to 5 places above you. However, if you are ranked 8 or higher you can only challenge up to 2 drivers above you.

Seems like a simple solution.

Just to be clear, if you are the lower ranked driver and you lose you DO NOT lose a place. You remain in you current ranking.
What happends if people get inactive?
Great idea Gentlefoot. Unfortunately I am so severely lacking in the talent department at the moment that I would be too ashamed to compete .

Good luck I'm sure this will take off
Quote from MyBoss :What happends if people get inactive?

Logically they fall down the ladder...Everytime they get challenged and they don't respond it's like they forfeit.
Can challenges be sorted out in PM's between the involved drivers, or is there an official system for it?
Quote from Jertje :Can challenges be sorted out in PM's between the involved drivers, or is there an official system for it?

No system - just the sportmanship of each driver. I hope that'll be enough
Quote from AlienT. :Great idea Gentlefoot. Unfortunately I am so severely lacking in the talent department at the moment that I would be too ashamed to compete .

Good luck I'm sure this will take off

There's talent and there's practice
ill try the RB4 and FOX ladder if u dont mind signing me up
I really, really, really suck really badly, but I want to give it a whack. I want to try out for a RB4 bracket position.
Quote from The Architect :I really, really, really suck really badly, but I want to give it a whack. I want to try out for a RB4 bracket position.

OK mate - sign up in the Gentlefoot forum and PM me your details - screen name, LFS name and car.
Quote from Gentlefoot :
If you are ranked outside the top 8 drivers you can challenge up to 5 places above you. However, if you are ranked 8 or higher you can only challenge up to 2 drivers above you.

Seems like a simple solution.

If I was in a 9th position could I then challenge the player in the 4th position? A player in the 8th position could not.

Hopefully I'll find time participating to this later on..
Quote from romus74 :If I was in a 9th position could I then challenge the player in the 4th position? A player in the 8th position could not.

Hopefully I'll find time participating to this later on..

Actually I've changed the cut-off to top 10.

"If you are ranked outside the top 10 drivers you can challenge up to 5 places above you. However, if you are ranked 10 or higher you can only challenge up to 2 drivers above you."

The above statement came from http://www.gentlefoot.com/LFS/forum/viewtopic.php?t=41

So if you are 11th you can challenge 6th but if you are 10th you can only challenge 8th. I know it's not perfect but to limit it to challenge 1 person above will never work because if that 1 person isn't available you have no on else to challenge.
it should be
1 to 3 1 posistions up allowed
4 to 10 2 posisitions allowed
11 to 20 3 posisitions allowed
21 to 33 4 posistions allowed

then 5 for any outside that bracket

this way no one can go jumping to far without fairness to others in each class

IE class
A
B
C
D
E = entry class
Quote from MAD3.0LT :it should be
1 to 3 1 posistions up allowed
4 to 10 2 posisitions allowed
11 to 20 3 posisitions allowed
21 to 33 4 posistions allowed

then 5 for any outside that bracket

this way no one can go jumping to far without fairness to others in each class

IE class
A
B
C
D
E = entry class

Thanks for the suggestion - I'll bare it in mind. Seems a bit over complicated though don't you think. I have enough difficulty getting people to read the basic characteristics of the GFC. I must have been asked "when are the races?" about 50 times and yet all that info is there in the forum. Besides - biggest ladder only has 9 people in it so far anyway

For this reason I want to keep it simple.
na i totaly understand but if it gets big and popular then it my work anyways gl with everything i might sing up once i have time

The Gentlefoot Ladder
(36 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG