The online racing simulator
The Death of F1 as we know it
(104 posts, started )
Quote from ajp71 :Whilst modern diesels are very good engines I think you'd have to be slightly deaf to say they have a nice exhaust note, the best diesel is a quite one

Some of us like revvy, high pitched and eardrum splitting petrol engine shrieks, some like low frequencies than anything else, some like the high pitched gas turbine sounds and some even like the lumpy V8 sounds with cams too aggressive for smooth idling.

No, I'm NOT deaf. Am I the only one here with hearing good enough to hear the R10's turbo? I'm more familiar with diesel exhausts notes than many if not most here and all I can say is that high revving turbodiesels (not the 2500rpm bus engines) make wonderful exhaust notes that just say smooth, effortless drive. I wonder if people here have any familiarity with turbodiesel sounds at 3000+ to 4500rpm or even 5000rpm on some eurodiesels.
Quote from Jamexing :Mind showing us a clip of how it REALLY sounds and let us be the judge?

You can't hear it on TV (or see it, it's so far back), and it sounds like an aircraft live.
Quote from duke_toaster :You can't hear it on TV (or see it, it's so far back), and it sounds like an aircraft live.

Was it a mixed class race? If so of course it's at the back! Production based modified race car vs. GT1s, GTRs and LMPs? What do you expect?

If it does sound like a jet turbine as you've said, then it's absolutely musical as far as I'm concerned. Few thing sound as good as an F-14D blasting off an aircraft carrier at full throttle.

And by logical deduction, it's safe to assume you hate airplanes.
Quote from Jamexing :Was it a mixed class race? If so of course it's at the back! Production based modified race car vs. GT1s, GTRs and LMPs? What do you expect?

If it does sound like a jet turbine as you've said, then it's absolutely musical as far as I'm concerned. Few thing sound as good as an F-14D blasting off an aircraft carrier at full throttle.

And by logical deduction, it's safe to assume you hate airplanes.

Its BTCC, there are no GT1's or LMP's. It isnt really massively slow, but it isnt up the front regularly.

The Death of F1 as we know it
(104 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG