The online racing simulator
where is the racing?
(28 posts, started )
where is the racing?
having a look at the server list and i cant find a server that i want to go, its always Caribbean Cruise, city driving, a bunch of drift servers, the redline and conedodgers always in the same car and in the same track, and the ctra thing with people fighting for points. i have nothing against these servers and not everyone likes to race, i can understand that, but its unfortunate and everytime i fire up lfs and look at the serverlist i just loose any will i had left after playing it for such a long time.
theres alot more to say but id like to keep it simple without offending any of the people who generously run servers, without them we'd be nothing.
Quote from Barroso :......the redline and conedodgers... ..ctra thing with people fighting for points....

Congrats! you have just answered your own question!....

There are alot more servers too, just go and explore the connections list
Visit the GentlefootFormulaRacing server some time. Always good clean racers on there.
Whoops sorry gentlefoot, forgot to mention that server, Had great fun in the FO8 (even though i was slow as hell :razz
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Congrats! you have just answered your own question!....

There are alot more servers too, just go and explore the connections list

you missed the part that says same car and track 24/7, ctra is ok sometimes but hardly any fun.
@gentle yes i have been in your server, good effort and a nice mix of cars.
Quote from sidi :Hey B it seems you have contracted the classic lfs virus which to my knowledge only affects high mileage drivers,it mainly rears it's ugly head around this time of year and normally takes a month or 2 for symtoms to subside,no known diagnosis i'm afraid.

Although my post is utter bullcrap it's prob as good a reason as any for empty servers

HA HA, I get the same feeling. I know what you mean Bar, and I with you on this one
He is about right. There aren't many servers with a lot of racers on it except the above mentioned. I haven't many miles so it doesn't bother me much most of the times
One thing which sucks is that the Redline Racing is having always running BL and AS Cadet there are no other tracks in LFS......
Quote from Barroso :having a look at the server list and i cant find a server that i want to go, its always Caribbean Cruise, city driving, a bunch of drift servers, the redline and conedodgers always in the same car and in the same track, and the ctra thing with people fighting for points. i have nothing against these servers and not everyone likes to race, i can understand that, but its unfortunate and everytime i fire up lfs and look at the serverlist i just loose any will i had left after playing it for such a long time.
theres alot more to say but id like to keep it simple without offending any of the people who generously run servers, without them we'd be nothing.

My advice is: list all the public servers, including the empty ones and join one that you feel would be fun to try and people will start joining that server too. Might take some time but sometimes just about 5-10 minutes will do.

If you can't find a combo you'd like to try then find a server that has voting enabled with the car (exclusively if possible) of your choice and change the track, laps etc to your liking.

I've used that method in the past and it has always worked
Quote from Veracious :My advice is: list all the public servers, including the empty ones and join one that you feel would be fun to try and people will start joining that server too. Might take some time but sometimes just about 5-10 minutes will do.

When you go alone on one it does not really work but when you go with 3 o4 mostly it works.
I think the test patch has something to do with it. For various reasons it would appear that most people aren't using it. Despite there being a host (no pun) of decent servers with W24, the vast majority of them are always empty and if you play at the wrong time of the evening you are very limited in choice.
I cant believe this thread has started. I only thought the same when i powered down the other night. I was gutted when i found out STCC had finished and on the other hand delighted when CTRA took over. The problem is if you logg on anything after say 9pm it is full for the rest of the night. The only other gripe is sticking with Westhill for a couple of hours in the UF1000. Far too drawn out and not enough exiting parts to the circuit.... Any other course however and im on for the night.... Nose to tail racing for the duration, you cant beat it!!!

Gone abit off track i know SORRY!!!!

H (Jack Bauer)
call me a freak but running around fe black in an lx6 alone for half an hour isnt fun, i know there might be more popular combos wich allow for closer racing, but its not like i only join full servers, im not a uf1 man, i hate the thing despite the close racing it provides and i believe sidi got it spot on, maybe the summer vacation helps and ill wait to see if santa brings a new track or something.
one more thing, if some of the redline/conedodgers admins happens to read this atleast consider changing some tracks.
#13 - JeeP
same here, every server is full of noobs bashing each other in T1.

i try to race lfs sometimes, but after 10 mins im exit again, no racing anymore

i know how you feel barroso !

what does help is just act like a noob , so dont brake and just smash the car everywhere , its qiete fun !
I've been feeling the same recently. Can't be arsed with the same old FOX/GTR combos and the CTRA arenigh on impossible to get on.

I've actually been playing TDU lately, using a joypad because they STILL haven't fixed the buggy piece of crap they released to make it playable with a wheel.

Hopefully things will look up again after the patch is out.
Quote from Barroso :call me a freak but running around fe black in an lx6 alone for half an hour isnt fun, i know there might be more popular combos wich allow for closer racing, but its not like i only join full servers, im not a uf1 man, i hate the thing despite the close racing it provides and i believe sidi got it spot on, maybe the summer vacation helps and ill wait to see if santa brings a new track or something.
one more thing, if some of the redline/conedodgers admins happens to read this atleast consider changing some tracks.

Ever tryed OLT Pro Racing server?
I think it suits your style...
Quote from JeeP :same here, every server is full of noobs bashing each other in T1.

i try to race lfs sometimes, but after 10 mins im exit again, no racing anymore

i know how you feel barroso !

what does help is just act like a noob , so dont brake and just smash the car everywhere , its qiete fun !

i still visit the demo sometimes , and to be honest ive picked up gtr2 and doing a small league, OLT is great but it seems to be empty recently dunno what happened there, had some good races there and yeah the noobs dont help, im not the uber fast guy who only hotlaps but i like to go online and get some close and clean racing, beat some pb's, which seems to be impossible lately.
We have been this way for a very long time in the US evenings.

Conedodgers and Redline always have many racers, but sheesh, don't folks get tired of the same car and same track ALL the time? I can't even run As National as it is so boring after so many laps I find myself daydreaming while going through the motions of driving subconsciously and find it very hard to concentrate on the race itself.

The flip side is, the CTRA servers in the US are actually quite good. Since the North American userbase is so small, I think people quickly learn to not drive in a noobish behavior. The unfortunate part is, they are S1 servers, so even with track rotation, you still see the same tracks over and over again. A big downfall when you don't like South City as then you are put off on nearly 50% of the available tracks.

I'm taking a break from racing now. I'm flying a tour from the north pole to the south pole instead.
Quote from JeeP :what does help is just act like a noob , so dont brake and just smash the car everywhere , its qiete fun !

And that comes from one of the supposedly best drivers in LFS... illepall
I've noticed much the same in the US in the evenings. However, since the league I help run started, I've been doing practice races for those along with practice for the 24hrs race, and other races, like oval GTR racing (no flames please), MRT's on custom courses, SUMO, and other things to get my attention. I will occasionally pop into a "popular combo" server just to see who's racing, or into a CityDriving server to see if I can get banned.
not happy with the servers that are provided?? then put your hand in your pocket and get/run your own

maybe i'll see about changing the track
Quote from andybarsblade :not happy with the servers that are provided?? then put your hand in your pocket and get/run your own

every week another track would be great. I would like to race a bit formular cars but BL,AS Cadet......
what about all the other AS tracks or FE?
Quote from andybarsblade :not happy with the servers that are provided?? then put your hand in your pocket and get/run your own

It's more about getting people to race on different combos, there are servers for just about every combo but not enough people race on them.
oh well if you're bored you can join some league, and practice for it and have good practice races before and great feature race....
I'm trying to do this 24h event whit Clownpaint and it's really fun to try to make setup last as long as it can and to learn such a hard track like KY long rev... whit XR Turbo GTR!!! And so on... enduro races are fun
Quote from mrodgers :We have been this way for a very long time in the US evenings.

Conedodgers and Redline always have many racers, but sheesh, don't folks get tired of the same car and same track ALL the time? I can't even run As National as it is so boring after so many laps I find myself daydreaming while going through the motions of driving subconsciously and find it very hard to concentrate on the race itself.

The flip side is, the CTRA servers in the US are actually quite good. Since the North American userbase is so small, I think people quickly learn to not drive in a noobish behavior. The unfortunate part is, they are S1 servers, so even with track rotation, you still see the same tracks over and over again. A big downfall when you don't like South City as then you are put off on nearly 50% of the available tracks.

I'm taking a break from racing now. I'm flying a tour from the north pole to the south pole instead.

LOL I was in a STCC server one and a guy from redline was there racing...
You KNOW I teased him a little about that . Oh well he did give me a really good set up for the Fern Rally track we were on.
I don't know why they stick to the same cars and tracks, but if that's what they want to have, it's their servers.

Yeah, I'm getting a little burnt out on LFS as well. I only really get a chance to play on weekends and when I can get online, it's a bunch of empty servers, drift servers and that city cruise thing. The point server is full....
Oh well, I'm taking off from work today to fix my brakes, so maybe I can try to log on later when I'm finished and have some better luck
I think sinbad's right that the test patches have split the userbase a bit. I used to race on the Old Men Racing server more than anywhere else, but they on a test patch now and I got sick of swapping .exes so I'm just going to leave it until X comes out.

That's not to say that there is usually plenty of variety, because there plainly isn't.

where is the racing?
(28 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG