The online racing simulator
Is is supposed to be this hard with a DFP?
First off, I tried the settings recommended to me on this site:

in the profiler, the first one just at 102%, the rest 0%, and rotation of 900 (I keep it at 720)

In game, my force feedback is at 20. Even so, it seems so hard and I don't know if it is right: when driving, it seems hard to steer and then once I do, I feel countersteer in opposite direction. Will I break the mechanism if I steer? (since it feels hard to)

Moreover, everytime I do drift, I can't spin the wheel in the opposite direction fast enough and I always spin out! It's so frustrating, what can I do? Am I doing it right?

Thanks.
The DFP has too much resistance when it starts to rotate for opposite lock when sliding/drifting. Like you said, you have to spin it yourself, and it doesn't spin fast enough to help you correct the car. It is a problem with the DFP really, because it doesn't want to return to center quick enough.

If you really want to drift or slide with the most control, you are better off just using a low-lock setting on the DFP of around 270 or so. It is the only way to be completely in control with LFS... and using a full lock of 720 is just for kicks/fun. Until we can get a wheel that applies more reverse motor when moving towards opposite lock, then it will be much easier to correct slides.

The G25 is only slightly faster, but still not fast enough. I don't know of any other wheel that is full rotation and will reverse spin faster then those two wheels . You can still get good with what you have, but there is a much higher risk of making a mistake because of the sluggish motors.
#3 - dadge
i set my dfp to 540° in profiler (or windows hardware config) and same ingame.i find that this is the max you can turn the wheel without having to take your hands off it. 400° for s-s tho
#4 - kaynd
I have set the force feedback at the driver to 30% and then into the game to 100%
Also use 720 degrees of rotation for the road cars. (or 1 to 1 wheel rotation for every car)
First of all do not be afraid… there is no way you can break the wheel.
I am not a drifter but I drift occasionally and I had a similar problem at the beginning cause the dfp wheel does not steer fast easily cause of its FF mechanism…

After some (months) practicing i learned how to use it… you have to predict the cars movement and start steering to the right direction sooner than you may have get used to with an 240deg wheel.
I drift with the same setup and I have issues too. What I do is set the FFB to 0-10 in game and I get OK drifts. Coutersteering is easier and you still get some steering feel. I'm still learning how to drift and if I countersteer with FFB at 40, I move my desk or screen as it isn't very sturdy.
I'm fine with my DFP, spins fast enough for me! (It just makes a huge wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee noise when I do...)
You can adjust the FFB streight in game while driving. I use different settings for different cars/setups. Try to lower the ffb while drifting. On a german keyboard you can adjust the ffb while driving with "," and "." .
That is the current protection Logitech build in that is kicking in. Steer fast and the DFP applies the brakes on the motor. Nice eh!
#9 - kaynd
Huh??? I haven’t realized such a thing… just reduce the force feedback from the game or the driver and you can turn the wheel as fast as you want…
#10 - ToJo
When I drift with this wheel I just disconnect the power to the wheel. You don't get any feedback, and you have too do everything yourself. But then again, you don't get the motor brake either. That way I can use the wheel with 900 degrees without any problems.
I am having really big trouble setting up my DFP.

It only turns under 180 degrees even with both profiler and LFS set to 900.

Can anyone help??
Quote from Alive Ghost :I am having really big trouble setting up my DFP.

It only turns under 180 degrees even with both profiler and LFS set to 900.

Can anyone help??

Quote from Bean0:

Quote from Bean0 :To enable 900 degree mode press and hold Select + R3 + Right Paddle and the wheel will click and unlock into 900degree mode. Doing the same will toggle back to 200degree mode.

When 900 degree mode is on, both lights on the wheel should be lit.

To get a value between 200 and 900, you have to set the degrees of rotation in the options for the wheel within XP.

I have just tried that.

It works the first time when I load up LFS through the profiler then when I re-calibrate it or change it or even move the wheel a bit further than 300' the calibration messes up.

Is there anywhere I can find a guide from where it starts from the beginning?
Quote from Tweaker :
The G25 is only slightly faster, but still not fast enough. I don't know of any other wheel that is full rotation and will reverse spin faster then those two wheels . You can still get good with what you have, but there is a much higher risk of making a mistake because of the sluggish motors.

Well... with my G25 I pretty much let go of the wheel, stomp the throttle and the car sorts itself out. That's fast enough in my book. The DFP felt really, really slow in comparison, but that can of course be the brake thing.
Just got the DFP and have the same problem while drifting, starting the drift is no problem, but then, when you left the corner i can't countersteer fast enough. Just played with it a couple of hours and can't used to it. Can someone help me? Already tried everything on the forum but nothing works. On youtube there are some movies of de DFP and they drift with it like it's a peace of cake...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExaLjsaNP6M
You must countersteer sooner than you did before.
What you see on that video is just low force feedback…
What are the BEST settings for drifting?
There are not any best settings… there are only settings that suit you…
I use 720 degrees of rotation not because that's the best way but because it gives me satisfaction… Depending on the car I usually have 40% force strength from the driver and 100% from the game.
I am not a drifter but I can keep the control of the car while sliding much better than many so called “drifters”
K thx, will try this.
Quote from kaynd :There are not any best settings… there are only settings that suit you…
I use 720 degrees of rotation not because that's the best way but because it gives me satisfaction… Depending on the car I usually have 40% force strength from the driver and 100% from the game.
I am not a drifter but I can keep the control of the car while sliding much better than many so called “drifters”

I'm testing it now and I think these are the best settings, can keep the car more in control now, thx!
Thanks for everyones help!

I realised that it was me calibrating it wrong. Lol

One more question:
Every so often when I am driving the pedals cut out! It shows it as having half and half throttle and brake on and the clutch fully in. I then try to re-calibrate it and the throttle and brake are on one axis spliting it half between them.

The only way I can fix this is by restarting LFS.

Anyone know why it is happening or a fix for this problem?

Cheers,

Savan
Is seems like you have not set separate axis on both the wheel’s driver and the game
When it is working fine the throttle and brake are on separate axis’.
its because the DFP is a piece of junk. Sometimes I will be driving, and the pedals stop responding unless the wheel is turning. So if you are going straight, and the throttle is 100%, if you let go of the pedal the throttle stays at 100% until you turn the wheel. This is my second DFP and it does the same thing :thumbsdow
Quote from drinklime :its because the DFP is a piece of junk. Sometimes I will be driving, and the pedals stop responding unless the wheel is turning. So if you are going straight, and the throttle is 100%, if you let go of the pedal the throttle stays at 100% until you turn the wheel. This is my second DFP and it does the same thing :thumbsdow

Sounds like your LFS settings or something. Take a screenshot of your Controller settings and your Logitech Profiler settings. Then post them here, i'll take a look.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG