The online racing simulator
Processor problems
(8 posts, started )
Processor problems
My laptop runs on an Intel Core 2 Duo T5200 @ 1.60 Ghz. My problem is that one of the processors is not synched with the other
Processor 1 does about 75% of the work at high loads while processor 2 only does 15-20% of the work. Any help?
most apps are not dual threaded so it balances the load until 1 core is full then continues on with the second core.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :most apps are not dual threaded so it balances the load until 1 core is full then continues on with the second core.

Oh... Didnt know that... thanks
#4 - Ziil
#5 - Jakg
it wont make an app multi-threaded though...
Cant you (not 100% btw) minimise the program in question, then CTRL+ALT+DEL and finds it process right click it then set its affinity?

I know thats what we had to do with SL for a while to have use of duel core :o

feel free to flame me if Im talking out me arse.
The OS by default should set the apps to use both cores, changing the affinity is simply telling the program "Only use this/these cores".
Quote from h3adbang3r :My laptop runs on an Intel Core 2 Duo T5200 @ 1.60 Ghz. My problem is that one of the processors is not synched with the other
Processor 1 does about 75% of the work at high loads while processor 2 only does 15-20% of the work. Any help?

You could give core2 seti @ home? (joke)

Processor problems
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG