The online racing simulator
Suggestion
(4 posts, started )
Suggestion
I would like to suggest small improvement in getting information about the licence while playing LFS. Typing $licence only gives a small progress bar however another command like $points would write amount of points on your licence for example this way:
[Number of points on licence / Number of points to reach following lincence]
ie: [1023/1300]

Numerous times I wanted to know how many points I have to gain to advance my licence and all the time I had to go to the licence page.
+1 always handy to know points however I dont think this will be considered until offical patch X come out as IIRC somthing to do with insim/outsim changes.

I hope this is the right place to post another suggestion or 2

I think there is enough room on the CTRA top 50 racers page to allow for a top 100 I think it would fill up the big blank space thats there right now

to avoid confusion here in the forums maybe STCC section renamed? (STCC (now/& CTRA) or somthing ? just a thought?

BUG!! ?
I noticed tonight on the silver/gold server FXO must cut was not enabled and I managed to finish a race and gain 20 points without using the cut setting, is this correct? i seem to remember I had to change settings before race control would allow me to pit out before. Anyway if its easy to fix its much better for the class balance with cut enabled, feel free to deduct my 20pts for the win Sam (as always I have replay )

is there an official CTRA forum?

SD.
#3 - SamH
+1

I hope those guys at CTRA are listening!

Oh wait.. that's me, innit?

Yeah, I think a more informative $licence response would be good. Dave's quite right, though.. one hurdle at a time. We're not developing the existing application at all. Instead, we're working on v2 of the software. First, we need to get all the existing functions in and then we can look at enhancing existing ones and introducing new ones. We're happy to hear improvement suggestions, though at this point we can't promise any delivery dates.
I dont know what driver aids Sam has set up on the servers now so I cant answer that, but I can say this forum is going to be renamed to CTRA.

On the $points suggestion, I think when the patch X software goes live there initially wont be any/many $commands, but they will be coming back.

We had a few more insim tweaks from Scawen a few days ago, but it looks like it is mostly settled down now so i'm going to sink my teath back into the new software soon.

The plan is for me to give CTRA a stable code base to work from with features more or less comparable to the live features now (I had quite a lot of features ready and almost ready that I wont be coding again).

Once CTRA are up to speed with the program code they'll be continuing it's development into the future and adding new features. I dont really know what their long term plan is. I may stay involved to some extent, doing the odd feature here and there.

Suggestion
(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG