The online racing simulator
#26 - JTbo
Quote from atledreier :To me it feel just 'slow'. If I'm in a slide and have the wheel turning into the slide like I should, and feel grip coming back I need to 'unwind' the wheel in a real hurry. In LFS I let go of the wheel and it sorts itself out. In rF I need to pull the wheel the right way, and it feel like the wheel is damping this motion. Ther might be a setting for this somewhere...

Edit: Found the setting, now it feels great!
It was pretty obvious, though, so I'm kinda embarassed about it...

FFB steer damper coefficient="0.07500" // Coefficient to use for steering damper. Range: -1.0 to 1.0
FFB steer damper saturation="1.00000" // Saturation value to use for steering damper. Range: 0 - 1.0

I set the damping to 0.0000 and it felt almost like LFS, only canned..

Few settings I got long time ago, cures some things from ISI FFB

In the controller.ini file make these changes to the FFB:

DO NOT COPY AND PASTE, USE TO EDIT YOUR VALUES

FFB steer force average weight="0.22000"
FFB steer force exponent="0.70000"
FFB steer force input max="11500.00000"
FFB steer force output max="2.00000"
FFB steer force grip weight="0.30000"
FFB steer update thresh="0.01500"
FFB steer friction coefficient="0.14500"
FFB steer friction saturation="0.50000"
FFB steer damper coefficient="0.14500"
FFB steer damper saturation="0.50000"

Sorry that I haven't been able to actually test this mod yet, my job has kept me away from these hobbies quite well, just few peaceful seconds now here and soon 430km trip back home, maybe can start C6 at weekend, I hope at least :P

I recommend that you send PM if need message with me, quite busy at the moment
This surprised me, the car in the video below has these specs:
-800 kg total weight
- low inertias (800 pitch, 1000 yaw 300 roll)
- ~1.5G pulling ''slicks'' (slip peak probably between 7 and 9 degrees)
- lowered centre of gravity by 7cm

Why? Just a bit of an 'extremes' test, tends to help understand certain things better.. And I expected it to still be impossible to drive such a car over the limit in rFactor. Its not far off a 'downforceless' 1979F1 car in a way..

The rest is the same Corvette, i.e. same suspension (though twice as stiff as the weight is nearly halved!) same dampers, rollbars etc etc.. Yet it was quite hard.. but not impossible!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouexJ7MKMe4

Around the 'centre' (i.e. going straight) it felt harsh but once in a slide, not too bad.
#28 - JTbo
Where is your rollcentres in old one and new one?
Those change somewhat lot with different spring/mass settings and I think those affect greatly to handling in this sim or platform, ehm everyone call it how you like

Would be great if we could see links live in game, that would explain a lot.
I'd like to try your mod
nice video. can't wait to try out the c6 and z06 myself maybe you could make a viper for us as well?

i was just having some fun trying to survive 1 lap around the nurburgring with the caterbusa.
#32 - JTbo
I think it is quite good, specially for a rFactor mod, can't really tell if there is something to improve, except tire/brake/engine temps and damage, but that is of course not in scope of this experiment.

Suspension travel seemed to be 5cm, if I remember correctly how to get it.

Wish I could spend more time testing it, but maybe later this week
Hey JTB send me a mail if you want the latest version, much has changed..

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG