The online racing simulator
Nutter ranks?
(17 posts, started )
Nutter ranks?
K I've searched "nutter" and drawn a blank. Can someone tell me what the LFSWorld "nutter" ranks mean? Does LFS actually perform subliminal psychometric testing on us? Should I be wearing my tinfoil hat?
it's just a funny name for someone crazy enough to do 744 hotlaps
or 'unemployed' rank
Quote from thisnameistaken :Should I be wearing my tinfoil hat?

Why are you even asking, ofcourse you should
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from Victor :it's just a funny name for someone crazy enough to do 744 hotlaps

...when they know they're going to be reset everytime we get updated physics...
it wont be 'nutter' it will be 'absolutely insane'

is there anyone who has done this yet? i dont follow LFSW so much anymore...
Quote from ayrton senna 87 :it wont be 'nutter' it will be 'absolutely insane'

is there anyone who has done this yet? i dont follow LFSW so much anymore...

1 Renku +8:20.810 744
2 robnewman +91:15.650 744
#8 - Chaos
Quote from three_jump :1 Renku +8:20.810 744
2 robnewman +91:15.650 744

imo nothing to be proud of... they just run one lap of each combo just to have 1st and 2nd place... the handicap tells that their times are pretty bad...
I dunno, Renku isnt doing too bad. He's an average of 0.7 over benchmark accross all 744 laps. Which is not bad going at all really. He's also got 11 world records, so it obviously just a matter of time before he gets that figure down.

The other guy obviously needs to get a life though. He's an average of 7.4 seconds per lap over benchmark. I'm sure how its even possible to be that slow, even if you only drove a couple of laps at each track.
The second guy's aim was just to become a nutter and complete 744 hotlaps. If you give more than several minutes to each track, it takes you a couple of years of driving. (...assuming that you have a job or study )
ei: hes a complete nutter when it comes to cars

nutter comes from nuts (not those nuts freaks..)
like .. hes a car nut; he loves cars; he goes nuts over cars

so.. ya thats where it comes from
Quote from colcob :I dunno, Renku isnt doing too bad. He's an average of 0.7 over benchmark accross all 744 laps. Which is not bad going at all really. He's also got 11 world records, so it obviously just a matter of time before he gets that figure down.

Aye Renku is a talented driver, and is getting faster all the time , but rob .. erm dude, for Englands sake .... , see if you can get those laps into the green . breaks my heart to see United Kingdom getting hamered in nations ranks.

On a side note/idea would it be possible to have a nutter/vehicle LFS rank (MHR is only 18 which is good)
It would be a greatway to see all the nutters in they car they love, all nice and neat.
Quote from colcob :I dunno, Renku isnt doing too bad. He's an average of 0.7 over benchmark accross all 744 laps. Which is not bad going at all really. He's also got 11 world records, so it obviously just a matter of time before he gets that figure down.

The other guy obviously needs to get a life though. He's an average of 7.4 seconds per lap over benchmark. I'm sure how its even possible to be that slow, even if you only drove a couple of laps at each track.

:doh: oh I only glanced at the times and saw eighty something and didn't search for Renku's details on lfsw...

Quote from Gener_AL (UK) :On a side note/idea would it be possible to have a nutter/vehicle LFS rank (MHR is only 18 which is good)
It would be a greatway to see all the nutters in they car they love, all nice and neat.

There are per car ranks also... Just click on the desired car and you can see the chart
Quote from Chaos :There are per car ranks also... Just click on the desired car and you can see the chart

But these are only forward driven laps and not even all combinations of tracks. For example the AS 1 combo is missing from that rank.
Well, the Hotlaps might be reset when we get new physics and probably will be reset, otherwise I'd be there already
hi,

can someone please explain to me how that ranking system works? what with mhr, nutter, handicap, different stats for different cars, etc? it's not quite clear to me, really.

thanks,

roland
Well the way I see it is that there are a set number of car/track configs that make up each rank, which you can see by clicking on the rank info button.

Main Hotlap Rank seems like a good attempt to have an attainable 'benchmark' ranking that doesnt take too many laps to acheive, a bit like the classic GPL rank. The cars/track configs are just a selection of 18 from accross the range available.

The nutter rank is basically every single combination ie. 744 of them.

The car ranks are again just a selection of 18 tracks in that particular car.

The way all the ranks are calculated is based on time above/below the benchmark, which is 103% of the world record.

Nutter ranks?
(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG