The online racing simulator
#1 - dave
Problems With Master Server atm?
I joined VoW server and was connected for a couple of minutes before it said lost connection to host, and now it seems I can't connect to any server. I cannot refresh the list in game or on browse for speed, sometimes it goes past connecting to server and then I don't receive the track info.

Just wondering if there is anything up atm or is it my connection, and possibly could it be pipex throttling certain connections as they do for torrents? I don't usually have this problem.

thanks.

p.s. I can also find people using the search ingame.
#2 - dave
Well it works now in the daytime, so I'm assuming the fault is at my end and probably pipex, unless of course there was downtime last night.
Sounds like throtting to me dave by your ISP cause thats what i've had for the past 2 months with Tiscali, try again this evening and if your losing certain servers from the list it will confirm throttling or packet shaping.

Funny thing is though I gained access to The CTRA servers and Gentlefoot server for the first time in 2 months last night during peak times 4pm - 11pm normally these servers would only show after 11:30pm for me.

Conspiracy Theory - I believe Tiscali and Pipex are connected mabe they have a contract between each other to share the burden of packet shaping and now it's Pipex's turn to hold the Batton
#4 - Bean0
Quote from dave :I joined VoW server and was connected for a couple of minutes before it said lost connection to host, and now it seems I can't connect to any server. I cannot refresh the list in game or on browse for speed, sometimes it goes past connecting to server and then I don't receive the track info.

Just wondering if there is anything up atm or is it my connection, and possibly could it be pipex throttling certain connections as they do for torrents? I don't usually have this problem.

thanks.

p.s. I can also find people using the search ingame.

I used to get this before I jumped from the sinking HMS Pipex. Further investigation resulted in me finding approx 60% packet loss at the first Pipex hop during peak times. Shaping or Gremlins I don't know, but disconnecting and reconnecting a few times to connect to a different gateway does solve the problem. Use WinMTR to recursively traceroute for example, ukct.net to tell when you are on a clear connection.

Quote from CELTIC100 :*snip*

Conspiracy Theory - I believe Tiscali and Pipex are connected mabe they have a contract between each other to share the burden of packet shaping and now it's Pipex's turn to hold the Batton

It's a bit confusing, there is Pipex Internet and also Pipex Homecall. Homecall is in essence a resold Tiscali connection with a cheap phonecalls dealy.

There are now rumors going around that Tiscali are interested in buying Pipex Internet. Sky and BT were also rumored to be interested, but I have read that this is no longer the case.
#5 - dave
Ah well, cheers for the replys I don't think I'll be able to get them to change anything by contacting them. Buggers hit me up for another 12month contract when I upgraded my service (very very very small print).

I'll try that winMTR and reconnecting, maybe have some luck with that.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG