The online racing simulator
Improvements to existing tracks
We've had a few scattered threads on this subject for individual corners, so I'd like to consolidate them all into one thread where Eric can come and see which bits people are having the most trouble/frustration with.

So if you have a problem with and a solution for a certain "trouble corner," post it here.

For example:

Recently I've been practicing a lot on KY3R, and I've been thinking a lot about the chicane onto the oval section (or off of the oval section, if you're running the normal config). Everyone knows that this is a "trouble corner."

In the normal config it's far too easy to cut (albeit with suspension damage), but in order to keep up you have to cut. Furthermore, cutting leads to reckless driving, snap spins, etc, especially among the less skilled or those who have less seat time at the track.

In the reverse config it's pretty much the same deal with the faster cars (except that if you mess it up you're greeted with an instantaneous concrete wall instead of an expanse of grass). With the slower cars it's far too easy to miss the apex by a tiny bit and smack the wall on exit, or (in the mGTRs) to get on two wheels and crack your head on the pit wall.

What I propose is to change the corner from a fast chicane into a slower, near-90' turn. In both normal and reverse configs it would produce a safer corner and add a very good passing opportunity. I played around with this idea a bit in the autox editor using the barriers and it worked quite well.

The only downside I see is that the inside wall of the corner will need to be very close to the track to prevent cutting, and pushing too hard into the corner could lead to smacking that wall instead of the outside wall.

Comments?
Kyoto chicane and fern bay update (or, remodeling ): http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=298777#post298777

Kyoto long is a nice track, especially with the GTRs but that one corner just doesn't fit. If it stays for whatever reason, at least those clipping bugs all around kyto should get fixed. Not holding my breath though :/
Nice. I like both of your renderings of the KY chicane.

Another one to mention is the strange bump at S/F at Westhill.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG