The online racing simulator
Safety chains and locks for motorcycles
(6 posts, started )
#1 - ZORER
Hello lads,

It is just beginning of the summer and people started to use their motorbikes.And the thieves started to steal them almost from everywhere and everytime. It is hard job to keep your bike safely parked.Whatever you use for safety, thieves find a way to crack it. I'm using a wire to bind it to a tree and a disk lock. But i know the wire can be easily cut with a heavy duty cutter and the disk brake is useless because they load it on a lorry and run away. Getting an anti-theft insurance is a solution but what can be done for the best safety? For example can you recommend me a very strong safety chain and lock? I googled and got some information but really need to know which is the best chain or lock.

Thank you.
I don't have one, but I'm told these are the best/strongest. I wouldn't put all my faith in one, plus you need something like a ground anchor to chain it to or else it's a bit of a waste of time. Not cheap either.

http://www.almax-security-chains.co.uk/
Is there a type of TRACKER for bikes? You could do that, that way if its stolen, you can track it down.
To be honest, it doesn't really matter what you use, if they want your bike they will get it, if they can't cut through the chain, they'll cut through whatever it's chained to!

Just make sure you got insurance to cover it if it does get stolen!
Almax and a thatcham approved ground anchor, even so, if they want it, chances are they'll get it somehow.

I have mine locked in the garage, and luckly I have a noisy shingle driveway, so I'll hear anyone walking up it at night

(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG