The online racing simulator
Argh... [I want RX-7 in LFS]
(59 posts, closed, started )
Hey people of LFS, drifters, racers, stunters, everyone!

Well today, I had a think about what I'd most like in this game...

And what I thought of, I hear you ask?
Well,... I think you should bring the Mazda Rx-7 into the game,
if people like the car, it gets more players:

More Cars > More Vids > More Players > More S2 > More cash.

The Mazda RX-7 is an amazing car, (It's the same as the one on tokyo drift, the orange on Hans drives.)

I'll get a pic:

http://www.tuningmag.net/image ... a_rx7_veilside_text_1.jpg

Theres a picture of the car. I can get more views if LFS Creators want them.

Please take this into consideration, it would be great.

(I want alot of cars on LFS, but this one's the main one!)

Thx

This is how I see it, you may not, if that's the case, don't bother posting. As if I see a word in your sentance flaming me, I'll simply ignore your comment. Thanks.

Note: If you don't have anything good to say, don't post.

That's the way I see it.
Your logic fails on epic proportions.
Does not compute, Danger Will Robinson!
#4 - th84
I would much rather have one of these...
Attached images
33676%20Model%20Covered%20Wagon.jpg
Quote from Darksiede69 :Does not compute, Danger Will Robinson!

English?

If you don't have anything good to say, don't post.

Just thought I'd make that clear for you, spankmeyer

That's the way I see it.
Thread title is useless, I'm changing it, and moving this thread to the correct place.

Also, we have an RX-7 (like) vehicle already, the XRT. Or atleast its the closest we have, and the closest LFS will get to an RX7, so have at it.

Plus what you posted isn't an RX-7, that is a Veilside Fortune modified RX-7 which really, the only RX-7 part to that car is the engine, the Veilside "body kit" costs well over $1 million USD, and is a total refurbish of the car.
Quote from XCNuse :Thread title is useless, I'm changing it, and moving this thread to the correct place.

Already done it.
so if i used sentences, instead of sentances, i can happily flame away?
#9 - joen
Quote from DriftStar :
This is how I see it, you may not, if that's the case, don't bother posting.

So basically you post an improvement suggestion, but you only want people that agree with you to post. I see.
Quote :
As if I see a word in your sentance flaming me, I'll simply ignore your comment.

Oh noes!
Quote :
Note: If you don't have anything good to say, don't post.

That's the way I see it.

This is a public discussion forum, anyone can say anything they want, within the rules of the forum. That's the way I see it. I'll write this down in bold red letters so it seems more important...

About your suggestion, the devs can't just put a car in the game without having to pay for licensing costs. Secondly, LFS isn't FnF.
Quote from LFSn00b :Fast And Furious to LFS? Never.

No, not THE car from F&F, the Mazda RX-7, which doesnt have to look like the one in tokyo drift, but I want THAT car in, I just searched tokyo drift to get it, to use it as an example..
And I want everyone that does post to agree with me, otherwise you're wasting your time, you're not going to change my mind lawl.
And people wonder why "drifters" are laughed at

Regards,

Ian
#12 - joen
Quote from DriftStar :
And I want everyone that does post to agree with me, otherwise you're wasting your time, you're not going to change my mind lawl.

glad to see you're not self-centered I have a feeling you're the one wasting your time
Quote from DriftStar :No, not THE car from F&F, the Mazda RX-7, which doesnt have to look like the one in tokyo drift, but I want THAT car in, I just searched tokyo drift to get it, to use it as an example..

Why did you search "Tokyo Drift" when you want an "RX7".

If we could have an RX7 in LFS, do you not think we would have more mainstream real cars in LFS?

Anyway, XRT's are very similar to an RX7. Why not just use my RX7 soundpack?
Attached files
XRT_FD3S.eng - 378.4 KB - 278 views
The licencing costs would make it impossible - even Rockstar games (the people behind the Grand Theft Auto series) can't afford the rights to Ford (the parent company of Mazda, it would go through the same goons) cars.
:riceboy:
Think licensing costs, because if you really really want it, then you can pay for the licensing.

And I would prefer to keep most of the cars in this game fictional, because Gran Turismo is the game for you if you want licensed vehicles..although modifyable exteriors of cars (EG: This site ) would be really nice, and could put an exciting spin on LFS as well as the need for people to buy S2 if they want to use these modifications
#17 - col
Quote from DriftStar :
If you don't have anything good to say, don't post.

I think maybe you should practice what you preach
This reminds me of in Grand Turismo and Flight sim's why the car/planes won't damage at all. The actual car company or plane manufacture will license the car, look and name, but it can't show what it would look like in a crash, or simulate a realistic crash in anyway. Now racing sim's get around this since it is not a car the public can buy, so they don't mind so much. And part of racing is the possibility of a crash. Same with air planes, Boeing is more then happy to give technical data (if you pay them to use it) for a Boeing 747 but in the contract it can not "fall apart". It wouldn't boost sales then. lol

DriftStar the RX7 IS a real car so LFS would have to pay to use them.
Quote from duke_toaster :even Rockstar games (the people behind the Grand Theft Auto series) can't afford the rights to Ford (the parent company of Mazda, it would go through the same goons) cars.

Something tells me that it's a matter of principle, not money.
Quote from STROBE :Something tells me that it's a matter of principle, not money.

I'd be inclined to believe that. Having your product in a game with as bad a rep as GTA, popular or not, is just stupid. I know Ford has done some moronic things in the past, but they aren't that dumb. 90% of the people who play GTA wouldn't buy a ford anyways, they'd probably buy a Japanese car. (Or steal a japanese car, whatever)

BTW, you don't have to go through Ford to get a Mazda license. Last time I checked Ford only had a 30% stake in Mazda, which is not a controlling share. Mazda decided what it puts its product into.
What floors me is that everyone knows LFS is a "fantasy" based simulator, hence fake track and cars and its worked!

Im not going to go on about how good it is, we all know, but I think all real world car requests should get deleted because they are a waste of time to post and read and flame (depending on the car).

The devs know what they are doing as far as the cars we race and I bet everytime they read a thread request like this they scream at their monitors "GO BACK TO GRAN TURISMO RICE BOY!" I know I do...haha
Not to sound random, but I think that calling people

"Ricer Lovers"

"Rice Boy"

or calling cars

"Ricers"

Is very racially derogative.
The RX-7 isn't all that bad on a track. Gutless admittedly, but that's the engine for you. And totally useless on the public road. But I'd still rather stick with an engine that produces some torque. XRT anyone?

Quote from Cr!t!calDrift :Not to sound random, but I think that calling people

"Ricer Lovers"

"Rice Boy"

or calling cars

"Ricers"

Racially derogative? So are you saying only black people or non-caucasian people are ricers? Or do you not understand the term 'racial'?
Quote from DriftStar :Hey people of LFS, drifters, racers, stunters, everyone!

Well today, I had a think about what I'd most like in this game...

And what I thought of, I hear you ask?
Well,... I think you should bring the Mazda Rx-7 into the game,
if people like the car, it gets more players:

Fair enough, but the cost to get this vehicle would be alot for this rinky dink game. Plus, why just have a car for the drifters? How about the LeMans Fans? The A1Gp fans? Aussie V8 fans? The WRC fans?

You see? the requests would never end! And if this indeed a reality based sim, who is to say the RX7, which would be set up to stock specifications, like the other cars, would be as good as you think it is? I can attest having driven the car in real life, you have to keep it revved all the time, otherwise it is a limp noodle that, yes, points it nose at a turn quickly but falls flat if you dont keep the revs up. Real finicky, and the lack of torque can drive you batty, being that you are constantly shifting. I bet the car would be largely ignored by the majority of users. Not everyone thinks in terms of sliding around a track.

Quote from Cr!t!calDrift :Not to sound random, but I think that calling people

"Ricer Lovers"

"Rice Boy"

or calling cars

"Ricers"

Quote from tristancliffe :The RX-7 isn't all that bad on a track. Gutless admittedly, but that's the engine for you. And totally useless on the public road. But I'd still rather stick with an engine that produces some torque. XRT anyone?

Racially derogative? So are you saying only black people or non-caucasian people are ricers? Or do you not understand the term 'racial'?

....And so the straws begin splitting; twenty post later this will argued into dust.
This thread is closed

(59 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG