The online racing simulator
LFS:AutoMessage
(74 posts, started )
@CrazyICE

Ok and thanks for wery good prog
Quote from X-Ter :How about a cheer everytime someone set a new personal best? Not to mention sets a world record
Could also be cool with sort of a word recognition system or something (if possible). Set it up to listen for certain words, and if they appear, it gives an automated response.
Example 1
Driver A spins and types a series of foul words that really don't belong there.
The program answers with some sort of clever message, stating that Driver A should take that sort of language elsewhere.

Example 2
Driver A types goodbye
program answer "welcome back"

Of course, it would be perfect if the user could set up both the words to listen for, and the responses

nice ideas...
i also thought about giving some respons when certain words (cya, bye...) are written...
but i don't want to spam the lfs chat, so, i think about a good way to handle that...

tomorrow there will be another update
then, thos ACK errors are history
Hurray
Thankyou so much for your hard work!
update done...
use link in first post!
Thanks a lot
I'll test it properly later tonight!
forgot something to tell:

3.) Parameters
==============

LFS:AM can also connect automatically if you start this tool for example with Join2LFS.
You can define a certain delay to wait to connect to LFS. So you can be sure that LFS:AM connects to LFS
not to early (happens if LFS is not fully started).

Parameters:

/A..................... start LFS:AM and try to connect to LFS after 15 seconds (15000 ms)
/T:[MS to wait]........ start LFS:AM and try to connect to LFS after [MS to wait]

e.g.:
LFSAutoMessage.exe /A /T:20000 .......... start LFS:AM and wait 20 seconds for trying to connect to LFS
LFSAutoMessage.exe /A .......... start LFS:AM and wait 15 seconds for trying to connect to LFS

Thanks. One less thing to think about
Tell me... Is it me or is the text recognition case sensitive? Is "Hello" the same as "hello" or do I actually have to bind them both?
ah...its case sensitive...
think to change that

/EDIT:
DONE! download again!
ok, now I'm here again
Last update was pretty much what I was looking for but (and here it comes)...
It doesn't match words, it match cmbinations of letters.
Meaning...
If I type "hi" it answers "Hi there" or what ever I've preset.
But if I type "That was some really shitty driving" it answers "Hi there" cause the letter combination "hi" is in the config

I hope you understand what I'm trying to explain, hehe.
Anyway, it's not a big deal. If anything, it can bring out a laugh every now and then
i know what you mean...so i have to look word-wise
going to to so for the next update!
update done!!!
now a wordwise check is done and you can define a message when a new pb is driven!
Thankyou
Getting the update right now!!!
Can't get LFS AM too connect too my server....
help plz

It's installed into the main main LFS DS folder and i tested it in its own folder inside the main one too ....

pic 1 pic 2 pic 3

What am i doing wrong lol, i managed too config the main server and get a banning system active

Why's this so hard lol is "insim" a seperate mod i need too install ?
Insim is there, you just have to activate it. Don't worry, it took me a wjile to understand too.
Press "T" for talk and type /insim 44444
No start the AM and press connect. Done!
done that over and over doesn't work
@CrazyICE

Is it possible to do so u can use bothe LFS:AutoMessage and pitspotter?
I use pitspotter and i realy like LFS:AutoMessage but i can only use one of these when i play
Yes please
Or better yet... Find a way to run more than one InSim program at the same time.
Quote from Baked Nut :done that over and over doesn't work

LFS AM will not connect to a server if you have an admin password set as LFS AM has no way of setting / sending the password.
Quote from Baked Nut :done that over and over doesn't work

Use the LFS Insim relay. LFSWorld -> Log In -> Racers & Hosts online (if i remember correct) -> And from the menu at up choose Insim Relay
Quote from biggles :LFS AM will not connect to a server if you have an admin password set as LFS AM has no way of setting / sending the password.

try modifying the file LFSAutoMessage.config.
there you can set the admin pw and change the ports.

but i can't imagine how to use more different InSim applications at once...
i think this won't work!
Quote from CrazyICE :try modifying the file LFSAutoMessage.config.
there you can set the admin pw and change the ports.

but i can't imagine how to use more different InSim applications at once...
i think this won't work!

Weird, I don't seem to have a file called LFSAutoMessage.config. Do I have to create it or do I need to update my version of LFS:AM?

Answered my own question by downloading newer version... Thx anyway.
Quote from biggles :Weird, I don't seem to have a file called LFSAutoMessage.config. Do I have to create it or do I need to update my version of LFS:AM?

i think you have to update...
maybe the file in your case has the extension .ini

but in there you can define the IP, Ports and Admin.
also the window positions are stored in it.

so, if the lables seems to be overlapped try removing the section [fMain] and [fLogs] and start the tool again...
RaceManager has something called a Gateway that is suppoed to allow for another running InSim application. Never got it to function properly though.
well, going to ask victor...
Automessage
Quote from biggles :LFS AM will not connect to a server if you have an admin password set as LFS AM has no way of setting / sending the password.

I am having trouble, this is all i get

Insim: admin password does not match
Insim: packet received before isi packet

I have tried server with no password but still get same errors

Can anybody help?

LFS:AutoMessage
(74 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG