The online racing simulator
Push 2 pass button
(33 posts, started )
Push 2 pass button
I think it would be great a push to pass button on the open wheel car, in the Fv8 would be great, like in A1Gp series, and champcar
#2 - JJ72
Don't think it adds anything for the racing from a driver's perspective, they are just there to spice thing up and create drama for spectators.
More like 2 puss 2 pass...
What is a push to pass button?
puss 2 pass, so we press it and it meows?
Quote from Cr!t!calDrift :What is a push to pass button?

it's a button on the formula cars, that when u press it, it gives u 30hp more so you can pass the car in front of you,, like Champcar

wow sorry for the Puss2 pass, it's push to pass
Search.
#8 - herki
AFAIK in ChampCar it is done by increasing the max. boost for some seconds, in F1 by temporarly increasing the rev-limit.
The F1 variant wouldn't work, because there is no engine wear and the cars are already driven at max revs
The Champ Car variant wouldn't work because of the lack of turbo in the FO8
It's still a +/-0 for me, I don't mind it being in the FO8 or the GTRs (and maybe later the BF1, when there is engine wear), but I don't need it.
F1 doesn't have push to pass button, well they can control how much they can take out of their engine but you can't take out more than you have. In Champcar, as you said, the boost is increased and it gives some extra punch. I think it's just an artificial way to make overtaking happen, we don't need it as it's not that hard to pass someone in LFS.
#10 - Gunn
-1000. Push to pass is exactly what is wrong with the A1.
maybe this would be good in enduro races with good engine dmg physic's but untill then i see no need for it at all. and in LFS it can be hard to overtake someone thats only .3 of a sec per lap slower then u
Quote from Blackout :F1 doesn't have push to pass button, well they can control how much they can take out of their engine but you can't take out more than you have.

I didn't mean to say F1 cars have a push to pass button in the classic way, just they usually don't use the maximum possible power to save their engines. So the okay from the pits to go at maximum possible revs does roughly the same thing as the push to pass button. But as I already said, pointless in LFS currently and would be in eventually, when there is proper engine wear and people limit their max revs; it would be more like a "override rev-limiter"-button
After thinking about it again, the idea gets a -1 from me too, because:
FO8 - without a turbo, how could push to pass happen? But purposely mapping the ecu wrong, just switching to a better mapping for some seconds?
GTRs - forgot about the FZ50 GTR being n/a, so push to pass would be unfair in that class
Push to pass? Unfortunately, the FIA aka Fantastically idiotic association is currently planning to use regenerative braking to introduce this push to pass nonsense to F-1.

But in reality, P2P has proven to be counterproductive to good racing. In CART, they've discovered that is it isn't exactly "Push to Pass", more like "Push to Keep Up". End of the day, the slow teams will use up their boost just to avoid looking bad and the top teams would simply use them to keep or increase the gap between them and the slower cars. Besides, it turns racing into a sick arcade joke.

Hate it when some overpriviledged and intellectually under-endowed nincompoops make the supposed pinnacle of motorsport into one sick joke after another.
Off topic : Meh, if you want close racing, that's what the BTCC (probably the best touring car championship in the world) is for

On topic : If people want P2P, I suggest a new S/S car like a FPA - Turbodiesel, more powerful but heavier than an F3 car and with a push to pass type button.
Quote from duke_toaster :Off topic : Meh, if you want close racing, that's what the BTCC (probably the best touring car championship in the world) is for

The last time I checked the BTCC had had no good close racing in it, all destruction derby nonsense.
Quote from ajp71 :The last time I checked the BTCC had had no good close racing in it, all destruction derby nonsense.

I assume you were registered blind during race 3 this weekend when they were going 8 wide in to Club ...
Quote from ajp71 :The last time I checked the BTCC had had no good close racing in it, all destruction derby nonsense.

Then maybe you should take off your blinkers and check again.
Push to pass might be fun for a while, but it strikes me as a little too NFS (yes, I know they exists in real racing). I'm sure the novelty would wear off quickly.

It could possibly be implemented by manipulating the voluntary intake restrictions we now have. The whole idea is to get 'NOS' like speed bursts. But there must be a server side option to disable this!

Although I really look forward to engine damage and user set rev limits!
F1 does not even have the "Over rev" button now as they are all limited to 19,000rpm and because they are designed to run at up to 21,000 they can run forever at 19.
For a push to pass button is then a higher engine-damage needed. If somebody use the button to much, his engine will be broken. Without engine damage make such a button no sense, it will then just make hurt my finger if it not able to toggle the button.
I actually made a thread on this (FYI) a while back, here is a link so you can see the comments of when I suggested it.

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=176

Heh, that was back when thread numbers were still in the hundreds
Quote from duke_toaster :Off topic : Meh, if you want close racing, that's what the BTCC (probably the best touring car championship in the world) is for

On topic : If people want P2P, I suggest a new S/S car like a FPA - Turbodiesel, more powerful but heavier than an F3 car and with a push to pass type button.

IIRC FPA cars aren't diesels. They certainly don't smell like diesels anway. But, yeah, a car similar to FPA (faster than the FOX, slower than the FO8) would be good
#23 - Osco
if you need p2p, you need more practice..
Quote from Osco :if you need p2p, you need more practice..

Quite the contrary, P2P is meant to be another strategic ability. Keep in mind it wouldn't be only one person that has it, but everyone, and P2P is limited to 60 seconds i believe it was of *boost time. It helps especially when there are no pit stops during the race, because a pit stop is the alternative strategic point of a race.

*boost: P2P is not a liquid or gas or anything; rather, an alteration of how the engine intakes air and fuel. Read my thread for further information on the subject of how it works.
#25 - Osco
Quote from XCNuse :Quite the contrary, P2P is meant to be another strategic ability. Keep in mind it wouldn't be only one person that has it, but everyone, and P2P is limited to 60 seconds i believe it was of *boost time. It helps especially when there are no pit stops during the race, because a pit stop is the alternative strategic point of a race.

*boost: P2P is not a liquid or gas or anything; rather, an alteration of how the engine intakes air and fuel. Read my thread for further information on the subject of how it works.

You have a point, but I feel it is going to be used more in an arcade-like mode, as in the nawzz-button on nfs..
If you want to overtake someone, work for it, not wait for a straight, hit the button and go past him without any ado... where's the fun in racing if you can no longer outbrake somebody at a slow corner after drafting the long straight (..wich I enjoy the most)

ayway, just my 0.02..

Push 2 pass button
(33 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG