The online racing simulator
Please .... give me:
(21 posts, started )
Please .... give me:
1) The milliseconds!!!

2) The False Start!!!

3) The possibility to edit a replay, to save only the lap or the sequence I want.

4) The possibility to create a game in Hard Core Mode if I want to:
a - In car fixed view
b - No helps if not "real"
c - Only wheel-steering (no mouse, joystick, keyboard)

....to be continue....
#2 - joen
Quote from Vaillant :2) The False Start!!!

Your words got heard before spoken out! (Its already there in the Test patches)

The other suggestions are also not new, there are already threads in this subforum about them.
#4 - QBi
+1 to miliseconds In almost every racing series times are given with a miliseconds accuracy
We do have miliseconds in LFS, IIRC.
#6 - QBi
I was thinking of third place after comma
#7 - Osco
Quote from wheel4hummer :We do have miliseconds in LFS, IIRC.

laptimes/splits are only given in 1/100 of a second iirc...
Quote from Vaillant :1) The milliseconds!!!

2) The False Start!!!

3) The possibility to edit a replay, to save only the lap or the sequence I want.

a - In car fixed view

....to be continue....

+1 for 1-b of your post
-10 for C

As some of you guys know, I'm disabled in RL so I can't physically use a steering wheel. I use a XBox 360 Controller for LFS. Bad enough being discriminated against in RL, then having people discriminate against you in LFS too for not being able to use a wheel. :/
milliseconds not possible on account of frameratelimit
I guess milliseconds aren´t possible, because of the 100 FPS limit. The place a car is on track can be only measured a 100 times a second. Milliseconds would mean measuring the car position a 1000 times per second.

Other games giving milliseconds often give the same times again and again, I think that´s because, the measured times are not real, but simulated.
I haven't said .....

"You can play LFS ONLY in Hard Core Mode and ONLY with a wheel"

I'd like it'd be available ( ... if someone want ... and like other games like NR2003 or nKP ...) an Hard Cord Mode for LFS too.
No more
#11 - Woz
Quote from Vaillant :I haven't said .....

"You can play LFS ONLY in Hard Core Mode and ONLY with a wheel"

I'd like it'd be available ( ... if someone want ... and like other games like NR2003 or nKP ...) an Hard Cord Mode for LFS too.
No more

NO

How about a hardcore mode that will not let you join if you do not have at least 720 of potential lock on your wheel, a clutch pedal and H Shifter so it can simulate the road cars correctly.

By your logic even the red momo is just as much a cheat as joystick or mouse as it means people can lock to lock quicker than people using realistic lock. This means we should also block people that have small lock and 2 pedals as that is cheating.

There have been huge fights with controllers in the past. Looking at your join date I thought you would have been around for the change in the keyboard code and the huge fights in the community that caused.

In my eyes teh controller issues were sorted when the old keyboard help went. I have no issues racing people using the other controllers now. I only care they are clean.

Hardcore mode is coming bit by bit. No car reset and false starts is in the test patch and that is good.

As for incar view, as long as you can use custom views that can be placed ANYWHERE inside the car I have no issue and I guess that is a common view but as soon as you want to force to a single view you will get a backlash.

If you want to FORCE cockpit position only then I have to argue that you should FORCE 40deg fov as that is also realistic. All high FOV's should be blocked etc etc. Thing is it is also un-drivable.

My hope for hardcore is a mode for people that understand race rules and want to race using them. Not to force things that are arbitary given you are sat at a desk in a room in yoru house looking at a screen that shows a 2D representation of the world.
Amen Woz

This hardcore mode keeps coming all the time. It's getting annoying.

If someone wants to race in custom view no problem. If someone wants to drive with the kb/mouse no problem again. And so on.

Let people enjoy the game in any way that suits them.
It's called CUSTOMIZATION by the way and it's a feature NOT a bug.
I don't care what view or control method someone chooses to use, as long as they understand the rules and have a decent level of etiquette when racing. And possibly most importantly - understand where the f*cking brakes are.

I play with a wheel in cockpit view as it is, but I don't have a 720/900 lock on my wheel, and I only have 2 pedals. I don't deserve to get penalised for not having a G25 any more than a mouse driver deserves it for not using a wheel.
Quote from Vaillant :1) The milliseconds!!!

2) The False Start!!!

a - In car fixed view

....to be continue....

1) not possible because of the game engine (it's 100 Hz IIRC)
2) patch W17
3) would be cool.
4) a: I think it would be ok
b: already possible with In-sim (IIRC)
c: nah.
No need for hardcore mode - it would be easy to circumvent. I swear all the people who post wanting force H gates and three pedal sets are being paid by Logitech to get more people to buy G25s
Quote from KMSpeed : ... Let people enjoy the game in any way that suits them ...

You are right but why dont you let me enjoy the game in .... my way?

I have no problems if a guy plays LFS in ...... Copter visual, with gamepad, mouse or what device he preferes.

The game is not "Hard Core Mode vs Comfortable Core Mode"

Problem is to get a LFS verifiable (off-on line) about Visual, Helps, Control Device etc etc etc .....

For me that guy can play LFS in all the way he likes, but it'd be a great game/sim if I can verify .... the way he likes

I had a dream: a transparent sim

P.S. ehm ........ sorry for my doggy english
You don't want to verify what aids/views/controllers the other person uses.
You want to be able to FORCE your preferences to him as an admin.

As you can have the view you prefer, the controller you prefer and the setup you prefer so anyone else wants to have their own also.

The more comfortable people feel with their settings, the more time they'll spend on the track trying to be fast and clean so we can have nice races.

As I said before, customization is a feature not a bug.
You can enjoy it any way you want, but you can't make people always do what you want.

Forcing anything is a bad idea period, I for one drive in the tire/wheel view without interior for the sake of gaining 40 FPS. In some cases, people use that view to get as little as 15 FPS to play the game, forcing something like that would be catastrophic and then they could only play with about 5 FPS, meaning it would be unplayable.
To be honest, what does it matter that one person prefers one view over another? In the end it makes absolutely no difference what so ever.

Lastly, the nickname Hard Core Mode just needs to be sent to the grave, it makes LFS sound like .. every other racing game out there, with arcade and sim modes. Forcing a view or a controller doesn't make the game handle any differently, so it shouldn't matter (as I have previously pointed out).
I think Hardcore mode is getting confused. To me I don't believe Hardcore is made up of what controls you use to drive. You can have the best setup for controls in the world, but if the Sim you're playing doesn't remotely behave l like a real car, then it doesn't matter.

I have always been about realism, I've always been that way. I do have my flight Sim HOTAS I spent hundreds of dollars on. I can use that, but a steering wheel I can't, since I can't do the movements. Penalizing someone not because they can't afford it, but literally can't use it is wrong in my eyes.

I also see it as a option I understand it, but then it turns in to Oval Junkies kind of thing, yes there is a track racing BF1's but it's majority of the time a oval sprint race. Which isn't what the car is for. Then you will find servers that want nothing to do with your skill in LFS, but what controls you are mandated to have. So drivers that can't use it, can't afford it, or don't want it are shut out not because of skill.

All the elements that make the game more realistic are all tied to the software. Yes you can have a setup at your house with 3 screens, the best wheel setup you can find. A custom seat, speakers etc. But it isn't making LFS's Physics any more realistic. It's not putting air temperatures, track temperatures. Damage modeling (pieces coming off), part failures, etc.

To me the game engine it what drives the realism. Controls systems are only end user personal realism. Nothing to do with how the game engine works and feels.
Quote from KMSpeed : ...
1) You don't want to verify what aids/views/controllers the other person uses.
2) You want to be able to FORCE your preferences to him as an admin. ...

1) it seems to me in F1CH (Find the Limit) or NR2003 it happened
2) If possible .... But "force" a LEAGUE preferences ... not mine: I always talk about an eventual HCChampionship or an Hard Core League ....
c - Only wheel-steering (no mouse, joystick, keyboard)[/quote]
+1 for B
-1 for C - alot of people don't have there wheele so only wheele steering is no enough

Please .... give me:
(21 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG