The online racing simulator
Include DNF racers in race results
Hi!

There is a quite annoying thing about current MPR data, which makes it hard to process the mpr automatically for league races. Namely, the DNF racers are simply excluded from the results, thus it is impossible (or very hard ) to decide the order among DNF racers.
This leads, if we don't want considerable extra work to be done after every race, to the very unfair rule as to give the same points to every DNF racer. No matter if one simply left on the first lap and the other runs out of fuel at the very end of the race, so that he stops one corner before the finish line after struggling for 70 minutes for a better position, they get the same amount of points.
A more annoying thing about this is that, what if we'd like to decide race order based on travelled distance? I mean, let's say, there is a racer three laps behind the leader (let's call him A). He gets the checkered flag as he crosses the finish line (final place undecided yet). Let's say there is another racer (B), who is fighting for second position, but unfortunately he loses connection on the final lap, so he cannot cross the finish line. He also lapped A twice. The result should be that, B gets a better position than A since he's done more laps, but currently B gets simply DNF (not even noted in the results), which is not good, imo.
(also there is a bug in the mpr data, because it does not indicate autoclutch correctly - but this better goes to the bug reports section)
#2 - X-Ter
Good idea. DNF's should really be listed!
#3 - Woz
Quote from Vertic :but unfortunately he loses connection on the final lap, so he cannot cross the finish line.

I don't think they should be counted if they lose the connection right before the finish line. What if IRL a car was in first before the finishline, and then spun out due to transmission problems? They would be DNF for not finishing!
Quote from wheel4hummer :What if IRL a car was in first before the finishline, and then spun out due to transmission problems? They would be DNF for not finishing!

wouldn't the result be based on the last completed lap ?

definately agree with the op, DNF should get some classification
#6 - Chaos
Quote from wheel4hummer :I don't think they should be counted if they lose the connection right before the finish line. What if IRL a car was in first before the finishline, and then spun out due to transmission problems? They would be DNF for not finishing!

IRL its done based on the last completed lap, so>
If a car is on the first positon and does not finish the last lap, but has lapped someone during the race, then he is in front of these cars on the final positions list... (he did 25 laps but on the final (26th lap) he crashed, the ones who were lapped did 25 laps only and saw the chequered flag, so the leader did those 25 laps faster then the lapped racers did)
This does not happen in LFS. I run the 1st Czech LFS League and I have to go through the replays and manually check these situations... (it happened several times already)...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG