The online racing simulator
United States of Jesus.
(93 posts, started )
United States of Jesus.
Shamelessly ripped this off RSC, but it's worth the watch. I agree strongly with this man : Clickez-moi
"A ten-gallon hat on a half-pint head ... "

Gold :up:
#3 - JJ72
Couldn't have put it better
"No I'm not anti-american, but I am anti-stupidity, anti-ignorance and anti-bigotry, and I suppose it could be construed as anti-americanism if you're a stupid, ignorant bigot...".

ROFL!

OMG I love this guy.
Quote from thisnameistaken :"No I'm not anti-american, but I am anti-stupidity, anti-ignorance and anti-bigotry, and I suppose it could be construed as anti-americanism if you're a stupid, ignorant bigot...".

ROFL!

OMG I love this guy.

Haha yeah! It's so true! Great Vid!
#6 - Krane
All true.. I've wondered for long how the US has come from this:
Quote from Treaty of Tripoli: Article 11 :"As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion; as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquillity, of Mussulmen; and, as the said States never entered into any war, or act of hostility against any Mahometan nation, it is declared by the parties, that no pretext arising from religious opinions, shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries."
Emphasis mine.

To: "In god we trust" stamped to everywhere, bible readings in the white house and pentagon etc humbug

Edit: Started clicking the links in the Wikipedia article and found another quote:
Quote from Thomas Jefferson :
"I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should "make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof," thus building a wall of separation between church and State."
From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S ... _.22wall_of_separation.22

lol that contradicts itself don't it?
#8 - ajp71
Couldn't have put it better
haha...the best part of that whole thing was when he was talking about why jesus could never be a president of the us, because it is so very true.

the nation would hate him, because i'm sorry, if jesus was infact a real person, he would not look anythign like the jesus that is typically portrayed in this country, that is pristinely white. he would look middle eastern, because he would have been. and sadly, after 9-11, that's a group that many in this country have a very bigotted attitude towards.

i think the guy in the video is dead on...jesus would not have a chance of becoming president of the us...at least not right now. hopefully not too far in the future the country as a whole will come to its senses...but i'm not going to hold my breath.
Jesus was Jeweish, despite the fact that they may have origionated from the area, and are Semites, they do not have a dark skin. For once something in that religion makes sense.

Thanks for the link. Sounds good from the posts, I'm going to have to watch/read it or whatever
They way he talks, then pause's in half sentence for a second or two, reminds me of jeremy clarkson
It must be an 'Outspoken British' thing. :P

I quit like these videos. Most of his arguments are presented logically and with thought; the metaphors are a little tasteless, but when dealing with the Christian religion, I suppose that is the only way to send a message. After all, that's how they've been doing it for nearly 2000 years now.
Quote from glyphon :haha...the best part of that whole thing was when he was talking about why jesus could never be a president of the us, because it is so very true.

of course he couldnt he wasnt born in the us ... well at least he cant until they pass the schwarzenegger law

Quote from MAGGOT :Jesus was Jeweish, despite the fact that they may have origionated from the area, and are Semites, they do not have a dark skin. For once something in that religion makes sense.

jesus was black ... didnt you ever watch dogma ?
Nice entertainment and all but I'd like to see more facts instead of funny sidemarks

Although I laughed loud quite a few times, funny stuff
Quote from glyphon :hopefully not too far in the future the country as a whole will come to its senses...but i'm not going to hold my breath.

Mmmm... probably you're right.
The country as a whole, just like here. Watch the video, feel the presence of the angels and the sense of unity. Ahhh, the peace. What would Jesus say?

Edit: I suddenly realise that despite the date on the site this video is very, very old. My apologies go to those who know it already.
He couldn't have put it better...
But i'm afraid that even here in Italy some people are a bit bigot...
What on earth is all that about... tbh he should be anti-himself then like that! Weird man, made me laugh a lot more then taking it serious!
Fabri91, I'm sure we have lots of bigots here in Italy. The situation is far worse than in other so called civilised countries because there are institutional ties between secular powers and the catholic church.
The last episode was when Rivera's satire about the Vatican has been dubbed as terrorism: Rivera (a humorist) was only saying obvious things with which you could strongly disagree, but they were intended only as a humorous critic. But instead of meeting a simple disagreement his words have been dubbed as an act of terrorism by L'Osservatore Romano (which is the Roman Church's newspaper). Such labels should ALWAYS be strongly resisted because they are false, misleading and completely taken out of context. Rivera has a guitar in his hands, not a handgun, and his words were nowhere inciting to violence.
There should have been a strong global political answer condemning the Vatican for such hideous labelling, but the answers were at best weak. Too many politicians applauded the Vatican for such a loathsome use of words.
I'm for a strong, individual intellectual reaction in these cases.
#20 - JJ72
but I wanna know, basically America is Christian, however Britain, afaik, should be catholic??

Catholics and Christians doesn't exactly worship the same god, do they? Christian doesn't acknowledge the holy trinity if I remember correctly.
#21 - Jakg
Britian is not Catholic, it's "Church Of England", formed after England split off from the Catholic church
Quote from JJ72 :but I wanna know, basically America is Christian, however Britain, afaik, should be catholic??

Catholics and Christians doesn't exactly worship the same god, do they? Christian doesn't acknowledge the holy trinity if I remember correctly.

catholics are chistians
I've always thought of Catholics as more strict Christians (no offence meant towards any catholic people), but Christians do acknowledge the Holy Trinity.
Quote from Leifde :I've always thought of Catholics as more strict Christians (no offence meant towards any catholic people).

No problem at all.
I say this as an agnostic, and being raised as a catholic.
I have been baptised and confirmed, and for the Italian state I'm still a catholic. I must add that however I never felt coherced by my family into catholicism, it was more a tradition.
We (three brothers) didn't have a single problem expressing doubts or beliefs (even atheist ones) in the family, and we've never been adversed by our parents.
So, all in all, we were free, although, as Catholics, theroretically stricter than Christians. But I recognise we experienced levels of freedom that other people may not have experienced.

United States of Jesus.
(93 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG