The online racing simulator
Opinions on my framerate
(34 posts, started )
i disabled coolnquiet last night- it made naff-all difference to framerates
it did make the CPU fan spin faster at low load tho !

i spotted that a spookily similar topic has appeared on the general discussion thread (sparked off by a graphical improvement question). there are a couple of things i can try mentioned in there..

also, a few people have said my performance is normal, so mebbe i should just be happy with wot i have. i'll start saving to buy LFS3 compliant box in a cple of years

thanks for all the replies!
rob
your framrates are pretty normal.I have simmilar setup and get same LOW FPS with 20Ai or with full grid of 32 players when being last.

LFS is on of the moust CPU intensive games on the market if not the most one.
#28 - Jakg
wait, 20 Ai? i thought you meant 12!

Thats an expectable frame rate then
#29 - wien
If the FPS drops at large grids bother you, you could try tweaking the Dynamic LOD Reduction setting in the Misc tab. This will reduce graphics quality when the FPS drops, but probably not that much since you have a pretty spiffy CPU. It won't do anything unless it needs to though, that's the beauty of it.
#30 - wien
Quote from Donna20 :any help and advice would be greatley appreciated

You should probably start a new thread on the subject. This thread is about the OP's framerate problems. Just pop back out to the thread-list, and click the new thread button in the lower left corner.

EDIT: Which you had already done...
hey - stop hijacking my thread
only joking...

thanks for all the help peeps - i feel reassured now that enuff people have said the framerate is ok.. having just upgraded processor / ram / gfx card i was hoping to have a system ready to cope with anything , but scavier moved the goal posts by allowing more players !

its funny, with all the recent patch releases + discovery of the high res textures i've been playing a lot more offline than online + admiring the changes. the sound change has really enhanced the game play - ironic that its (partially) down to kidcoda being naughty that we've been treated to this.. i wonder if there is a lesson to be learned there?!

anyhoo - i'll give the dynamic LOD reduction a tweak + be happy with what i'm running.. LFS is still THE best in my book, see ya online all + a big thanks again for the replies..
'm stubbornly refusing to let this thread die! .. actually, i'm still faffing about testing various settings, and noticed that with no other cars on SO city i get 60fps in fullscreen mode. changing LOD settings and AA settings makes hardly any difference to this framerate..

however, if i Shift+f4 to windowed mode I get an instant doubling in framerate!? upto 120-140fps (thats more like it). thats even with the window sized to fill the desktop.. wierd!

next up - try different catalyst drivers....
#33 - wien
Quote from KOB_CHEESE :however, if i Shift+f4 to windowed mode I get an instant doubling in framerate!? upto 120-140fps

Heh. That's the vertical sync doing it's job. It syncs the frame-rate to your monitor's refresh-rate in fullscreen mode. You can deactivate it in the misc tab -> full screen vertical sync, but your monitor can't display more than 60FPS anyway (LCD I presume?), so there is really no reason to touch it.
ok i'm a dumbass ! (hangs head in shame):splat:

Opinions on my framerate
(34 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG