The online racing simulator
FO8 Engine Starter
(7 posts, started )
FO8 Engine Starter
I`m creating a high-res FO8 cockpit and I need to know just how the closest real life car has the engine started. I`m currently (wrongly?)assuming the car is based on the older F3000 cars, as that seems to be the closest match I`ve seen from the 3d car model, cockpit shape and steering wheel design.

I have searched around online quite extensively, but I haven`t yet found a site that tells me for sure if it should have a cockpit activated electrical engine starter, or if it has to take the hydraulic drill up it`s butt like the F1`s.

Any info, suggestions, or website links are helpful.

Cheers.
You are correct in assuming it is based on the old F3000. I believe it is in essence a carbon copy; body, cockpit and specs.

As for the starter? I'd assume it's up the butt like F1 cars, but truth is I have no idea.
There seems to be a distinct lack of good solid facts, details or good quality cockpit pictures from the older F3000`s online which isn`t making things too easy.

Usually when I make something like this I`ll research as much as possible before deciding how to approach it, and even though this will be a fictional FO8, rather than a strict F3000 replica, I still want to base it as much on the F3000 cockpit controls as I can.

I think I`ve settled on having at least a fuel cutoff, and electrical cutoff available in the cockpit. I know there`s a cockpit adjustable brake bias available on most of the older F3000`s as well, so that`s in. I just really have to find out if we have a cockpit ignition switch and starter button, or if all start mechanisms are at the rear.

Just off the top of my head it "feels" (through lack of facts) like it would have had the cockpit starter, as Tristan seems to have initially thought as well, but since this will take a few days to create anyway, any other suggestions or links to anything remotely relevant are most welcome.
#5 - ajp71
Best bet would probably be to send an e-mail to Lola or a team that used to race F3000, being a one make series and defunked I think you'll find they'll be happy to answer quick specific questions.
#6 - bbman
#7 - amp88
I had a look through my file collection for F3000 stuff but the only relevant file I could find was a race from the 2006 F3000 International Masters series. I don't know exactly the details about this series (i.e. I don't know if the cars they use are identical to or vastly similar to our representation of the FO8), but all the cars on the grid were started by the drivers without the use of a "poke up the bum" with the electric starter used in F1. The cars do look very similar to the FO8 but as I said I don't know about the technical details. Not sure if this post is of any help actually, now that I re-read it...

FO8 Engine Starter
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG