The online racing simulator
People get into racing because its fun, its a passion, not because they are thinking how much money can be made...I dont see it being any different with the developers of LFS. You put a lot more blood sweat and tears into something when its yours and thats how LFS will be one of the best sims ever created.
-
(Viper93) DELETED by Viper93
Quote from Motordirex :People get into racing because its fun, its a passion, not because they are thinking how much money can be made...I dont see it being any different with the developers of LFS. You put a lot more blood sweat and tears into something when its yours and thats how LFS will be one of the best sims ever created.

Well put. While I'd really like a good simulator similar to LFS with real cars and tracks, etc (racing the Nürburgring comes to mind, that would be insane),
it's already so good that I've long forgotten about said wishes. Now with the improved tire physics (and turbo spool characteristics maybe? ) it will only get better and better.
cars from gran turismo, concept of tdu and physics of lfs.

that would definately be the ultimate simulator.
Why does licensing the LFS engine have to be a bad thing? Quake and Unreal license their engine for FPSers and they still have their own products. LFS's net/physics/driving engine would be awesome to see coupled with licensed real world tracks, cars, an equally optimized renderer utilizing some more recent graphics hardware capabilities.

Licensing the engine would not have to stop their own "LFS" product and development, just provide additional income and awareness in the market of it's superb capabilities.
Quote from radweld :It always makes me wonder how software houses can get away with writing such bad software, LFS is a testiment of what independent developers can do, I dont know how much TDU cost to write but once you scratch the surface of the pretty cars, you discover a clunky slow game thats not even really realistic.

LFS dynamics, TDU concept and GTA gameplay would be my perfect game lol.

That would be nice.

I remember after I first played San An I loved the driving physics so much in comparison to GTA 3 and Vice city, where the cars are instantly at top speed and turn straight away. But a large open map with LFS physics would make a perfect game.
Quote from radweld :It always makes me wonder how software houses can get away with writing such bad software, LFS is a testiment of what independent developers can do, I dont know how much TDU cost to write but once you scratch the surface of the pretty cars, you discover a clunky slow game thats not even really realistic.

LFS dynamics, TDU concept and GTA gameplay would be my perfect game lol.

ahhh...i say no to the GTA style game play, becus think about this!... the game would turn into nothing but CS/NFSU funs runing around jacking my super 7 (though it would take an enzo to keep up and i stay in the canyons any way so even the enzo has a hard time lol) or i would get blowen up any time i slow down under 160+MPH.... so in turn i say HELLLLLLLLL NOOOOOOO to the GTA style game play

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG