The online racing simulator
are these shadow kits or something? and how do I apply them to my skins?
Read the thread lol.

Depending on what photo editing software you have, just set it as the topmost layer, and set it to something like overlay or hard light or something of the sort.
Quote from Zachary Zoomy :are these shadow kits or something? and how do I apply them to my skins?

It's just like when you apply a shadow layer.
I see. I've never done a shadow layer before, playing around with it.
Quote from Zachary Zoomy :I see. I've never done a shadow layer before, playing around with it.

Just crate a new layer, and set it to multiply. Tadam! Got those global illuminace things to work.
got that. testing now...
My problem with these is that the sides are so danged dark. Could you place a couple other lights aimed downwards on an angle at the sides/front/back with less intensity than the top light? Or maybe just increase ambient light and decrease strength of the top light?
Yea i was thinking about changing the style of light i have above it to something more.. global than as local as it is.

it's just to harsh light imo.
say, do you have an XFG one?
can u do one for the fbm, i havnt quite worked out how to only colour in the bits i want but the bases ur making help me with that problem
any chance of that?

any chance?
Sorry, yea I got the .3ds for the FBM yesterday (fortunately), I just have to fix the UV mapping and render it out, sorry my internet the past week has just been unbearably slow, I haven't been able to even check my emails.

The locks on the sides were messed up because they're square polys with alpha layers, but I could never find them on the actual model, so.. If you want to remove them you can, but here is the GI layer.

Some parts didn't come out the smoothest, the only error I really found was just aft of the huge inlets on the sides.
Attached images
FBM_GIMap.jpg
I'd love the GTRs done up like this, too, with the lighter sides
Thats pretty useful, and looks awesome in-game,

great job

cheers
Are you still making these shadowkits? It would be nice to have them on all of teh cars

PS: Great job on the GTR's ant formulas.
Sorry you guys haven't heard from me in a while, internet .. is just horrible where I live, between two routers constantly fighting each other and I have to reset my wifi card every 5 minutes to be able to refresh my school email and facebook.

Anyways, I've redone the GTRs with just the Vray light (like the FBM), however the transition on the sides from the top aren't the greatest and I'll need to manually fix them, so.. if I have the time I'll work on them and have them up by this weekend.

Sorry again for taking so long, internet is just sucking it up.
Keep up the good work XCNuse, these shadow-layers look absolutely awesome btw I use them with 65-70 percent opacity to counteract the relatively dark sides
Quote from XCNuse :

The locks on the sides were messed up because they're square polys with alpha layers, but I could never find them on the actual model, so.. If you want to remove them you can, but here is the GI layer.

Some parts didn't come out the smoothest, the only error I really found was just aft of the huge inlets on the sides.

Nice mapping
Do you have that also with only the black/shadow stuff?? so i can put it on my skins without the skins changing color??? tnx
you can set your layers to "multiply", colors won't be changed.
Quote from Racer556 :you can set your layers to "multiply", colors won't be changed.

I saw thanks!!! all my FBM skins have the layer now
wen is the fz5 coming?
A.Nuse is busy, give him a break he's at Uni dude, he's got more job than you...
So, is anything still being done?
bump. I like to keep this on the first page as I use these a lot but can't be bothered to download them all.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG