The online racing simulator
The golden era of GP racing
(30 posts, started )
Quote from BlueFlame :Well Gendarmerie or something captured the film (or banished it from being sold/viewed) so I guess it wasn't on closed roads. It's not EASY to tell it's fake, as its an old film, the sound could easily be slightly out of sync with the video, but I like the idea of it. And the sounds are damn good, and when you think about it, for the time it was made, the editing skills are damn good!

Yea gotta agree with the editing, especially the audio, there is no weird overlaps / miss matches easily audible in video and it has been sampled quite beautifully. But at least for me still it is easy to spot, there are parts where the audio is doing 200 km/h ++ and then suddenly it starts to shift down and the speed is very low, just doesn't seem right. Or when in video I can clearly see the car is on straight doing 80-100 km/h tops, but the audio is from a Ferrari doing again something 200+ flat out.

Tho I'm probably better than average hearing this stuff since I'm very passionate about engine sounds and a really big amount of my free time involves engine sounds in some way. So the average person probably would have more hard time trying to figure this video out. Only way I can enjoy a racing / driving video of some sort is if it has original, good quality audio.
In fact Claude LeLouch told everyone he was going to do such a movies. Streets weren't closed but the drivers of the small number of cars their known what was going on, same for the pedestrians. The gendarmerie promised that if Claude Lelouch would do that they gonna take his driving license...and they do but give it back to him 2seconds after that.
Quote from BigPeBe :Yea gotta agree with the editing, especially the audio, there is no weird overlaps / miss matches easily audible in video and it has been sampled quite beautifully. But at least for me still it is easy to spot, there are parts where the audio is doing 200 km/h ++ and then suddenly it starts to shift down and the speed is very low, just doesn't seem right. Or when in video I can clearly see the car is on straight doing 80-100 km/h tops, but the audio is from a Ferrari doing again something 200+ flat out.

Tho I'm probably better than average hearing this stuff since I'm very passionate about engine sounds and a really big amount of my free time involves engine sounds in some way. So the average person probably would have more hard time trying to figure this video out. Only way I can enjoy a racing / driving video of some sort is if it has original, good quality audio.

I completely agree, to be engaged in a racing game or video, the sound has to be very good. Thats where LFS fails and rFactor wins. I feel like I'm sitting in some cars when the sound is good enough. That's what I want, downshift has to be good, throttle cut has to be good, power on, power off, even teh rev limiter has to sound right. I'm quite anal when it comes to sound audio for a race game.
Yea I do tons of sound modding to rFactor, currently I'm just finishing a personal mod what changes all of the sounds of the HistoriX mod. Using samples like in rFactor has it's pros, but it's real hard work since every sample has to match to each other, even a tiny mistake with RPM info for the sample and the miss match between transitions sounds horrible.

But LFS ain't bad also I think, it doesn't use audio samples but after some tweaking I have ended up with quite nice sounds for almost every car. Only the flat engines seem to give me problems, can't really get a natural sound out of them.

Sorry, getting a bit OT here.:talktohan
Quote from BigPeBe :Yea I do tons of sound modding to rFactor, currently I'm just finishing a personal mod what changes all of the sounds of the HistoriX mod. Using samples like in rFactor has it's pros, but it's real hard work since every sample has to match to each other, even a tiny mistake with RPM info for the sample and the miss match between transitions sounds horrible.

But LFS ain't bad also I think, it doesn't use audio samples but after some tweaking I have ended up with quite nice sounds for almost every car. Only the flat engines seem to give me problems, can't really get a natural sound out of them.

Sorry, getting a bit OT here.:talktohan

Lol we completely agree on car audio. Like 1000% hehehehe.

The golden era of GP racing
(30 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG