The online racing simulator
Need new comp
(42 posts, started )
Need new comp
ok i ave around 1000 quid and need a decent spec gaming computer

so i know absolutly nothing about computers other than dont buy one from a pc world etc lol so which bits and bobs do you lot recomend ......
erm yes my mistake lol
http://www.meshcomputers.com/

If you want pre-built systems they are pretty good. Had two from them and so far have had only one problem. Which they came out to us to replace a HDD free of charge.

Not that I'm an expert on computers but their prices seem good to me for complete systems.
If you don't want to build your own PC, the one mcintyrej posted is definitely a good choice that I would think about going with if I had the money.
Its overprized and you could save like 400GBP but it was your choice so congratz for the new system and enjoy it the best way
Great system, you can play any game maxed out with that 8800GTX and X6800 (equivalent) processor.
Quote from Dennisjr13 :Great system, you can play any game maxed out with that 8800GTX and X6800 (equivalent) processor.

Maxed settings would still chug that computer on Oblivion. I reinstalled it the other day just to see what I could get away with on my new box, and with all the draw distances maxed and a few levels of AA it started getting rather skippy outdoors!

I ought to try to find the furthest place on the map that I can still see the imperial city from...
Quote from DEVIL 007 :Its overprized and you could save like 400GBP but it was your choice so congratz for the new system and enjoy it the best way

please find me that system ready over clocked and built for 400 pounds less?
it cant be done then? maybe if you build it yourself. but then you have no warrenty and a month of messing around putting it together. looks a bargain
Quote from andybarsblade :it cant be done then? maybe if you build it yourself. but then you have no warrenty and a month of messing around putting it together. looks a bargain

I built my box for about 900, could've probably got your spec for a bit over a grand I think. Yes I did assemble it myself, but it took me an afternoon, the evening to install Windows and the essentials, then the next day to install everything I needed for work - but that day would've got swallowed up whether I'd assembled the computer or bought a pre-installed box.

I do still get 12 months warranty on all my kit. Could've extended it in many cases but didn't bother - I've only ever had two components cack out on me, and they were <£50 each.

Edit: Actually no, I couldn't have got exactly the same bits you've got there. It depends how important that extra little bit of performance is to you though - a friend of mine spent £3K on his last box, a little over a year ago, and the one I built for 900 last week smokes it.
Quote from andybarsblade :it cant be done then? maybe if you build it yourself. but then you have no warrenty and a month of messing around putting it together. looks a bargain

Man,I do have a job where I have to work so I didnt have time yet to answer and fullly research.I think its still possible thought!

Warrant still apply to components as exactly was said by the post above and 1 afternoon its enought to build it.

When I will have time I will post the price of the components together.
Cheers,
DEVIL 007
Quote from [ADT]sid :if i have the money i will buy something like this http://www.alienware.com/produ ... /desktop_all_default.aspx thought its not the best and its a ltl expensive but it looks soo good =D

The friend of mine I referred to in my earlier post actually bought an Alienware box first. When it was delivered, the case had a huge crack down the side of it, so he returned it. They sent a replacement, but the graphics card in the replacement (a 7800GTX - top of the line at the time) wasn't in the expansion slot - it was bouncing around inside the case. Of course he sent that one back too, and got an independent guy to build him a computer instead.
dont take what i was saying the wrong way. yes you could get the parts for less but like i said find me the same spec + vista and the extra's pre built and over clocked for 400 less no that cant be done
#18 - Jakg
Vista OEM is £62 for Home Premium

You could do that PC for £980 i think...

EDIT - Thats a £1,200 PC sitting there, methinks

Not bad value, but i could make it cheaper and quieter
ok got it all sorted i got about 100 off that price btw it was on offer and it hardly makes a sound (if you think this is to loud your just be picky lol), runs lfs at wellover 100fps more like 200 to be honest, battlefield 2142 full graphics didnt miss a beat. well happy with it and would suggest it to anyone
#20 - Jakg
Here goes

E6600 - £127.99

Arctic Cooling Fan - £19.96
AS5 - £7.04
Asus P5B-Deluxe - £117.49
Cell Shock 2 GB PC6400 - £140.99
WD 500 GB HDD - £74.01
Leadtek 8800GTX - £358.36
NEC DVD Writer - £19.96
Sony Floppy Drive - £5.86
Antec 900 - £64.61
BFG 1000w PSU - £164.49
Vista - £75.19
Corsair 1 GB - £9.39
Saitek K/B - £25.84
Microsoft Intellimouse 3 - £23.49
Microsoft VX-1000 - £17.61

Thats basically what you get with that system, and minus delivery it's £1,249.28

Ok, now if it were me i would make a few changes:
Razer DeathAdder Blue 2000dpi ... on Gaming Mouse - £41.11 Overall a better mouse for an FPS'er like you.
GeIL 2GB (2x1GB) PC6400C4 800M ... ual Channel Kit - £58.74 Probably slightly lower overclocking potential, but your not doing anything extreme overclocking wise, so they will do fine, same timings, lots more cash
Gigabyte DS3 - £76.36 nice little overclocking board, will go almost as high as the P5B Deluxe and will do the X6800 overclock quite happily
OCZ GameXStream 600w Silent SL ... X2 Power Supply - £70.49 - The PSU you went for is MAJOR overkill for what you have, this will do fine.
Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 500G ... 6MB Cache - OEM - £89.29 A faster HDD than what you got there and only a little more.

Oh yeah, and lorn knows what mobo they gave you - i went for a nice overclocking board, and wit the kit you have you could probably get 3.3 GHz with ease. My total for that build is £1,064.80, which is £402.87 less than the PC you linked too.

EDIT - Oh balls, you just bought the damn thing :X

EDIT - At least with the £400 you saved you could get an X-Fi, a G25 a 22" Monitor and maybe some new speakers - not bad!
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/ ... 01&catid=5&subcat=

thats the mobo that it has installed. £400 saved jak but its not as good simple as. the quality job they have done on assembly is amazing. and to arrive 2 days after placing the order i think its great value. ive not seen it run lower than 150 fps yet lol
#22 - Jakg
i personally think that with some super quick delivery i could spend say... 6 hours putting it together, and unless you earn more than £50 an hour its still more cost effective.

But hey, i prefer building my own
never said you could'nt build it yourself for less. just saying its bloody good value, and that you cannot find it built ready to go and over clocked as that is for 400 quid less
jak while your on. about the other thread i did'nt quite understand what you where saying about my mobo if its able to take a E6600 processor or not?
#25 - Jakg
erm, you can build it yourself for £400 and it will be just as much (if not more) overclockable - imo thats a better deal

Need new comp
(42 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG