The online racing simulator
DFP Power lose mid race..
(14 posts, started )
#1 - Dru
Hi Guys,

I've had this happen twice to me now, both in race situation (leagues) why eh jusy why rather than all my hours of practice, i'm in a race and either make a slight contact with a competitior or a kerb etc the ffb goes then its as if the wheel dies like the power connector has come away...

what is worse that at the same time i either have no steering or no steering and no power.

i alt tab out pull plug out and back in on power and usb, wheel calibrates and then i have to hit re-try profiler, tab back into game then if i'm lucky i can drive away, but bear in mind that mt wheel is not calibrated in game and it feels its calibration by me reaching the extremes so basically it calibrates the throttle immediately as i boot it, but does not calibrate the brakes or steering until i come to a corner!

Anyone else suffer this problem? is it the pedals spiking, is it the power? is it the usb? anyone got any tips or hints?

BTW the wheel is clamped down to my desk? It's also new (only 2 months old)

Cheers,

Dru..
#2 - CSU1
I'd suggest trying to get a hold of a friends power supply and try it on your wheel. It sounds like something todo with power so start at the adaptor and work you way back.
#3 - Dru
Quote from CSU1 :I'd suggest trying to get a hold of a friends power supply and try it on your wheel. It sounds like something todo with power so start at the adaptor and work you way back.

hmmm my friends that use DFP are in Holland, Estonia and Wigan, and i don't live near any of those places
#4 - CSU1
Quote from Dru :hmmm my friends that use DFP are in Holland, Estonia and Wigan, and i don't live near any of those places

You could narrow the problem down by turning off FF, if it works fine with it off then you know that the power needed to run FF (as you said when it is at its strongest when hitting kerbs) is drawing too much power from a worn component somewhere along the power supply.

E:

Also have you changed any software for the DFP that may be causing conflicts on your PC?
#5 - Dru
Quote from CSU1 :You could narrow the problem down by turning off FF, if it works fine with it off then you know that the power needed to run FF (as you said when it is at its strongest when hitting kerbs) is drawing too much power from a worn component somewhere along the power supply.

E:

Also have you changed any software for the DFP that may be causing conflicts on your PC?

no driver changes at all.

Basically the FFB is not going 'much' when it dies, only that is is going.

Meaning when i hit walls and stuff normally (well not normally but you know what i mean) the wheel suffers a lot more FFB than when it crashes during the online races hmmm hope i'm getting my point across ?
#6 - CSU1
Make a vid on your phone or somethin, I'm a bit lost as to what you are talking about m8?
just ring logitech and explain your problem, they'll post you another one.
#8 - Dru
Quote from CSU1 :Make a vid on your phone or somethin, I'm a bit lost as to what you are talking about m8?

lol

ok i make it alot clearer (i hope )

99.9% of the time the wheel works perfectly - the FFB works great and when i hit walls and the ocasional crash with competitors my wheel FFB goes crazy but works fine

However, it has just plain died twice now whilst driving in races. At the time the wheel did crash it was just after contact with either another driver or a kerbstone, but only 'soft' contact, the wheel DID not go crazy, it just died

Hope this explains better.
#9 - mr_x
Quote from nikimere :just ring logitech and explain your problem, they'll post you another one.

best piece of advice in this thread
#10 - Dru
Quote from mr_x :best piece of advice in this thread

'sounds like a power supply issue' have you got access to test it on another playstation? if it fails on that too then speak to the company of purchase and give them this refrence number'
#11 - Dru
LOL.

i just went to dabs to check about returns policy, the item is covered by a manufacturers direct replacement service and tells me to contact logitech directly on the number i have already rung them on.....

maybe i'll leave it an hour so i don't speak to the same bloke immediately
tell them you cant return it to the place of purchase, that you bought it from a website that has closed down or you got it as a present and dont know where it was bought.... :doh:
#13 - Dru
Quote from nikimere :tell them you cant return it to the place of purchase, that you bought it from a website that has closed down or you got it as a present and dont know where it was bought.... :doh:

^^ check out what i said.

Dabs have a deal with Logitec that means i deal directly with them, its just at the time i spoke to the logitech guy i did not mention which company i got it from
#14 - robt
My wheel dies randomly too, but only when the fridge or freezer turn off its highly irritating

(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG