The online racing simulator
Did somthing stupid - help!
(10 posts, started )
Ok, I've not had the time/ability to mess with this game for some time now. I decided I'd go see if there were any new patches and there were, though the last time I patched the auto-updating system was not yet in use. Being late at night and a little braindead, I accidentally went to the "Additional Downloads" page and downloaded this: LFS_S2_DEDI_W.zip, and unzipped it into my main LFS directory. Of course after I did it, I realized this was for a dedicated host, and of course now I cannot launch my game. Can I fix my boo-boo without just doing a complete reinstall? I don't want to lose any of my game settings/info/skins etc. Thanks for any help, I can't believe I did that!
Just download the full LFS and unzip to a new folder, then move your settings/skins and setups over to the new folder and delete the old one.
why dont u just download the correct patch and apply it?
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :why dont u just download the correct patch and apply it?

Just did that and seem to have lost all my in-game settings. Oh well, guess I'll have to re-do all that crap. Thanks for the replies guys.
Ok, ammendment - have only lost some of my settings. Is there somthing wrong or are the tire sounds reallllly weak in this patch? I cranked that and turned the engine sounds down alot and the tire sounds are still nearly nonexistant. Sorry, I know that question belongs elsewhere, but it's 4:45am, lol..
Ok, another amendment.. I don't seem to have any tire sounds, lol. I was mistaking gear whine for them before.
Nevermind, my games all whack. It's missing all kinds of sounds, and now all of a sudden it's not recognizing the "throttle" axis on my FS FF2 stick. (though the stick has no issues outside of the game)
As already said, just download a complete new version and copy over the settings you want
Yeah, definitely gonna do that - just being lazy I guess, lol.
Quote from Tinytacohead :Yeah, definitely gonna do that - just being lazy I guess, lol.

You are being inconsiderate to people who might actually want to help you. Get some rest, download and install the full game and patches, update your sound card and motherboard drivers, then come back here and let us know the outcome.

(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG