The online racing simulator
Momo force feedback
(16 posts, started )
Momo force feedback
Ok im not sure what happened, I got a new momo wheel and i played one day and all is cool, the next i come out of pits and drive for a second, then go grab somthing to eat and come back and the ff is really weird. When im just standing still the wheel will be hard to turn and it will have "easy" spikes. IT will also do other weird stuff like turn when it shouldn't really....soimthings out of wack. I really dont think its the wheel because when off the game and in the menues the force feedback feels smooth and good. Im thinkking of just reinstalling lfs and seeing if that works. I never changed any of the settings from when it worked fine and i went and looked at them all and changed them just to make sure. Also the game and computer has been restarted many times and nothing.

Help please!
It's not LFS, go into the controller settings in LFS and turn off FF and turn it back on, and if that does not fix it, unplug it (power) and plug it back in.
I tried that, it gets easy to turn (like normal) when i turn the ff off then turn it back on and it feels like the tires are buried in mud or somthing.
Did you accidently increase FF to high?
Well shit. I plugged it into my laptop and the same thing. This stupid thing is only 3 days old.
Quote from superbee :Well shit. I plugged it into my laptop and the same thing. This stupid thing is only 3 days old.

has it been calibrated? have you selected the controller that you want force feedback on? if you have more than one controller. have your tried Window's controller setup thingly? if all else fails phone or email logitch and give them an earfull.
I bought it 3 days ago, so i guess i should just go to best buy? Or should or talk to logitech?
Quote from superbee :I bought it 3 days ago, so i guess i should just go to best buy? Or should or talk to logitech?

email logitch, wait for logitchs responce before you do anything. they might give you a refund or trade. if logitch's tech is unhelpful/irelivent then go talk to best buy.
Thanks for the help guys. Ill let ya know what they say.
well just to let everyone know, ive been super busy and havent played the game in months, well, i called logitech and told them the problem and without any questions they sent me a new one and i dont even have to return the old one. They have great customer service. Im gonna start playing again
omg, ok, i was using it and it was real stiff, well, stiffer than it should, it felt like the car had no power steering you know/ Well for some dumb reason i unplugged it and plugged it back in AND ITS DOING IT AGAIN. You unplug the power and its all smooth, then i plug the power in and its fine till it gets to the center mark and it jerks free for a second then stiff again. And help please? I dont want a 100 piece of placstic laying around.
Can you try on on another PC? Your neighbors or whatever? Just install the demo and change nothing on the default setup.

If it's OK there, it's your PC or setup. If you have the same problem there, this is the 2nd Momo that broke down...
well, i have a laptop and i did it on there too, but i guess this next weekend ill try it at my parent's house to rule that out COMPLETLY.
Somehow I don't think the problem is with the wheel itself. I think the problem is in the wiring and connection to your PC. Try unplugging the USB plug and plugging it back in, or try another USB slot, or try messing around with the cable until it makes good contact. I don't know what else to say, I've never experienced this problem and I've had my momo for years....
k, its a few years later LOL

Im bringing these wheels out again,

like before (and this is a fesh install of windows xp and fresh install of newest lfs..

When in MENUS, like the logitech profiler, or LFS menus, the wheel turns effortlessly. Like you can flick the wheel with your finger and it moves.

ok, now when i get in the game, the wheel is HARD to turn. The force feedback works how its supposed to, as in bumps etc, but its just hard to turn, it should be EASY to turn in the game, no??

Even with the FF to 1% it gets hard. YOu cant feel the effects, but the hard to turn is there.

ANy ideas guys? someone has had to run into this before....

its got to be some kind of setting or something, because it turns easy in the menus.
I just realized that whats happening is when its "hard" its the same as when the FF light is off, so in other words no FF. But the ff still works, like when you hit stuff, but the wheel is still stiff to turn like when the ff light is off. I can hit escape and the wheel is easy to turn again, and when i go back to the game its hard, but has little "spots" where it turns easy. WHat the heck?????

Momo force feedback
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG