The online racing simulator
#1 - CSU1
Better initial connect handling:
Giving the increased number of drivers on track the chances of getting a "player connecting" / "player disconnecting" message is greatley multiplied which is very annoying to have to go <back out to the connections list and connect again and again.

I guess if there where a sort of lobby to wait your turn it would remove this annoyance and stop drivers trying to connect at the same time pi**ing the server off?
Quote from CSU1 :Giving the increased number of drivers on track the chances of getting a "player connecting" / "player disconnecting" message is greatley multiplied which is very annoying to have to go <back out to the connections list and connect again and again.

I guess if there where a sort of lobby to wait your turn it would remove this annoyance and stop drivers trying to connect at the same time pi**ing the server off?

If you go to the 'join specific game' option the last server you entered is remembered so you can just keep trying without reloading the list of servers.
#3 - CSU1
Quote from Gentlefoot :If you go to the 'join specific game' option the last server you entered is remembered so you can just keep trying without reloading the list of servers.

That doesnt remove the problem of dozens of people hitting the connect button in the other screen though, which they do?
Quote from CSU1 :That doesnt remove the problem of dozens of people hitting the connect button in the other screen though, which they do?

I only find this a problem following a mass disconnect. Usually it only takes one or two goes to get in to even a busy server.
#5 - CSU1
Quote from Gentlefoot :I only find this a problem following a mass disconnect. Usually it only takes one or two goes to get in to even a busy server.

After a mass disconnect is where the server is flooded the most I imagine with 25 or so drivers trying to connect at the same time. A lobby would solve the waiting and trying to reconnect problem.

On the stcc server I was waiting fifteen minutes to connect one night.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG