(11 posts, started )
New way to start a drag :)
You can warm your tires before starting to drag

See attachment
Attached files
drag_start.mpr - 7.3 KB - 223 views
I've been doing that in all races since W9

Often get a comment from the driver behind me about the smoke show
I haven't tried the drag racing in LFS in ages, since there weren't false starts or most of the other stuff that makes drag racing so fun in real life. The new false starts are definitely a step in the right direction.

Does the drag track support staging yet?
sadly it doesnt
Quote from Cue-Ball :Does the drag track support staging yet?

What does this mean?

If any powers that be are reading, 60 foot splits would be nice in the drag racing.
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :What does this mean?

If any powers that be are reading, 60 foot splits would be nice in the drag racing.

Staging is when you pull your car up and trigger the two yellow lights that signals you are ready to race.

http://www.nhra.com/basics/basics.html

I didn't watch the replay, but I don't know how you could do a burnout in a RWD vehicle if you start the race already staged.
Just like I do at the race start... Just hell/toe and balance the car until it's doing a "brakestand". I've been false started when not being careful though.

I would love improvments to the drag portion of the game, especially a proper car(s). Waiting your turn, going through the waterbox & pulling up to the lights would be beauteous.

Some ripped bald guy doing an armdrop start would be cool. (j/k :razz
but then we would need a water effect. but if we had that then we all be begging for wet track so well have to wait
Not necessarily any effect, just a "patch" of a surface with a slightly lower coefficient of friction.
The problem is that most of the stuff that makes drag racing so fun (and difficult) in real life is missing from LFS. In-game, the conditions are always the same. Once you find a good setup, there's no reason to ever change it. Track temps, rubber groove, a working clutch, blown engines, stalled cars, clutch/transmission/rearend damage, etc. Not to mention the longitudinal grip issue (which I think will be fixed in Patch Y, if Scawen's comments are any indication). These things are what makes getting a good quarter mile run so challenging, but they are not simulated in LFS.

I think drag racing in LFS is going to remain very niche until we get some sort of changing track conditions that necessitate different tire choice, picking a good line, heating the tires properly, etc. But, every little bit helps. Today is false starts. Maybe tomorrow will be proper staging and a better clutch model with the ability to bog the car and stall.
100% agree.

Even JUST the proper longitudinal grip issue being solved would make a massive difference since it would take some skill to actually launch the car effectively.

New way to start a drag :)
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG