The online racing simulator
Script-controllable replays
(3 posts, started )
OK, rewindable replays have been requested many times, and they will probably be added somewhere in the not-too-distant future. My suggestion is that, when this gets done, the replays will also be controllable from scripts. That is, there should be commands to pause the replay, to change playback speed, to rewind / fast-forward, etc.

This could be really useful for at least two applications. The first is replay analysers (my specialty ). When you're analysing a lap, it would be great if the analyser could tell LFS to load the replay that contains the lap, and fast-forward to the point in the lap that you're studying. This enables you to, say, find the exact turn-in point of the WR lap for the turn where your own hotlap loses a lot of time.

The second application is educational movies, such as track guides and race craft tutorials. Currently, these must be made by capturing replays and editing the results. It would be handier if you could make "annotated replays": a replay with a script that tells LFS to move to the next interesting moment, and then displays some text message to explain things.
Quote from wsinda :rewindable replays will probably be added somewhere in the not-too-distant future.

I think you're wrong on that one, unless you know something we don't.
+1 nice idea.

It's better to know what we want before the new system is out, rather than asking later and patching it.

(3 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG