The online racing simulator
Rael, (spiritual leader) one of the world's best LFS player?
http://www.rael.org/rael_content/rael_bio.php?racer

Quote :Today, Rael is retired from professional racing, but still enjoys playing racing simulation games online in his spare time, especially Live for Speed where he races under the nick name of rael.org/racing and is one of the best of the world players.

:hippy:
Raël (born Claude Vorilhon on September 30, 1946) is the founder and self-proclaimed ATHEIST spiritual guide of the Raëlian Movement.

(from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rael)

What a relief
This is the only "rael" we've got. 118,000 online miles!
How can you be an atheist and a spiritual guide? Or does atheist simply mean that there is no god... Don't remember.

I had a laugh at that though
If he is one of the worlds best LFS drivers, then that makes me happy, cos I'm LOTS (6 seconds+) faster than him at BL1 in XRT!!!
remember him driving around in a pink car iirc

wasn´t the slowest.
#7 - TiJay
Now all we need is some Muslims, Christians and Jews and we can see which religion is the fastest!
Oh noes, let's keep religion out of the racing please kthx.
#9 - Jakg
wtf? he's easily 6 secos of pace at tons of combo's

Somone's ego's taking over!
Quote from Jakg :

Somone's ego's taking over!

ROFL

And proclaiming himself to be a spiritual leader, channeling messages from the aliens, was an act of humility?!
He used to be a regular racer on Redline Racing 2 (FOX @ AS Club) and he was pretty quick (1:00.83 pb (0.53 away from the WR)) but he hasn't been online lately. I didn't know he was the "head honcho" of raelians at the time though. He seemed OK to me (j/k ).
#12 - Jakg
0.53 of a WR isn't that great - with a few hundred laps under my belt i can get that done on most combo's, its just that those last 0.5 are just SO Hard they show the WR holders skill
Quote from Jakg :0.53 of a WR isn't that great - with a few hundred laps under my belt i can get that done on most combo's, its just that those last 0.5 are just SO Hard they show the WR holders skill

"Pretty quick" doesn't mean "great", but I think we can both agree that 0.53 away from a WR is long way above average (not that that in itself is particularly difficult).
I've seen him racing quite a bit on redline, 0.5 off the WR on Aston Club is quite good if you only race and don't hotlap.
#15 - Jakg
long way above average? im in no way a great driver, im not especially fast but if i can do it then its nothing to be overly impressed by
The benchmark (103% of WR) is a 1:02.109. I'd say ~1.3 seconds below the benchmark is a long way above average, wouldn't you? He was also a decent racer (good racecraft, aware of surroundings etc) quite apart from being fairly quick.
Quote from Jakg :long way above average? im in no way a great driver, im not especially fast but if i can do it then its nothing to be overly impressed by

Stop underestimating yourself
I actually raced Rael ALOT in the past, and he was one of the best racers i've driven against. He wasn't necessarily the fastest, but he was a b!tch to get past! Very fast & fair racer imo, but i'll ignore the alien stuff thanks! I think some of his laptimes are so slow because he hasn't raced since recent patches came out.
Hehe, now I know what those Clonaid experiments were about- he's cloning the WR holders to create an army of 1337 LFS'ers!
Oh, not THAT maniac
There is no point on judging a driver by overall raw lap time. If you can lap 0.5 off WR consistently over an entire race then your going to be a strong contender in most races that go on in LFS.

Consistency is what wins races.
Saying "I'm the best" is definitely quite weird but I think all you missed the point... which was that he has probably more real life racing experience than anyone else here

http://www.rael.org/rael_content/rael_bio.php?racingrecord
(how many lfs players you need to put a server down? )

According to that wiki page, that thing seems to be more like UFO stuff than religious... not sure which of them is better in the end
Well, he has obviously got 'alien:alien2:' status if he has been in a spaceship!

:13:

The truth is out there...long live Mulder! (btw, does HE drive a FOX too?)
Saw him quite often on S1 MRT servers.

He seemed to be a nice guy and didnt talk about this "raelian" thing on the servers at all so I couldnt care less about his religious beliefs.
He wants to spread his cult.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG