The online racing simulator
Drive (TV series)
(33 posts, started )
Drive (TV series)
Waiting for It watching The Simpsons... The delay of tv series in México sucks
#3 - Mykl
I watched the first episode. I thought it was terrible.
Quote from Mykl :I watched the first episode. I thought it was terrible.

last night's wasn't the first episode (unless you watched a recorded version). the first ep was 2(?) weeks ago and was 2 hrs long (basically the first 2 eps back to back), with the following 2 eps being the usual 1hr, which makes last night's the 4th ep. and i was expecting a terrible show, and i was actually kind of surprised that i like it. not a good show, but enjoyable none the less
is that the show with Bruno Senna ?
I saw the ad for it on TV. Then I decided not to watch it.
It's ok, but the real stars are the '64 impala and the charger.
I dunno though, if they're gonna have a Trans Am, I think the show needs Burt Reynolds. Too bad Jackie Gleason died. But overall, I think the show is OK
Off Topic: The theme to Smokey and the Bandit is a pretty good song to drive to
Did anyone notice the small problem that the whole reason Tully is going is to get his wife back, the chick who joined him said she was kidnapped for the race a long time ago and her parents died trying to complete the race, so doesn't that mean they just let her go after the race? Why wouldn't they do the same for Tully's wife? The repeat shots of them driving down the same section of road over and over and the poor action shots are also getting annoying.
#9 - Mykl
Quote from glyphon :last night's wasn't the first episode (unless you watched a recorded version). the first ep was 2(?) weeks ago and was 2 hrs long (basically the first 2 eps back to back), with the following 2 eps being the usual 1hr, which makes last night's the 4th ep. and i was expecting a terrible show, and i was actually kind of surprised that i like it. not a good show, but enjoyable none the less

I saw the two hour long episode. I disliked it and was irritated that the normal lineup wasn't shown.
What is it with this recent rash of american "mystery drama" shows where they make the plot up as they go along? Did all the american TV commissioners all simultaneously start watching old episodes of The Prisoner?
Quote from thisnameistaken :What is it with this recent rash of american "mystery drama" shows where they make the plot up as they go along? Did all the american TV commissioners all simultaneously start watching old episodes of The Prisoner?

you mean this wasn't a remake of a british show? it seems that just about every new show that comes out now is a remake of show that's already been done across the atlantic. it seems as if for the most part the american tv industry has completely lost their imagination or gotten lazy...or both.

i'm trying not to like the show too much. it is on Fox, which means that it will likely get cancelled soon anyways.
#12 - SamH
I won't watch anything on FOX any more. Enough is enough. I'm in FOX-hate mode.
Oh wise and noble Glyphon guru, what does the future hold for me? Will I be boning supermodels before the year is out?
Quote from thisnameistaken :Oh wise and noble Glyphon guru, what does the future hold for me? Will I be boning supermodels before the year is out?

sorry, that's outside my area of expertise. so i consulted my back up...the magic eight ball

so, i asked it your question. answer came back...
absolutely*

* this answer is for novelty purposes only, and no guarantee is made that you will in fact bang any supermodels before the year is out. no refunds
online petitions don't work. you know why family guy got brought back after they (fox) cancelled it the first time? because the DVD sales were through the roof and the rerun on a different channel were getting good ratings.

sadly, i don't think that will happen here because family guy had 3 seasons that it could draw from for dvd sales and reruns. a 6 episode show might get decent dvd sales, but it won't have enough episodes to bother with reruns.
I didnt watch this yet but excuse me, seems to be very Lame

I want to be a madtyte raceaa and driftaaa to impress teh chicks too = O hmm, not at all.
I started to watch it, and after a fairly lame 1st episode, it gets pretty good, shame its been cancelled already.

Whats the deal with America always cancelling shows?
#20 - wien
Quote from glyphon :online petitions don't work. you know why family guy got brought back after they (fox) cancelled it the first time? because the DVD sales were through the roof and the rerun on a different channel were getting good ratings.

It worked for Firefly though. They actually got a movie out of it in the end. (Which more or less tanked, despite being pretty good.) Drive is(was?) actually created by one of the writers/producers behind Firefly, an has Nathan Fillion from the same show in the lead, so the fans may stir up some noise this time too. Doubtful though, as it wasn't really that good.
Quote from danowat :I started to watch it, and after a fairly lame 1st episode, it gets pretty good, shame its been cancelled already.

Whats the deal with America always cancelling shows?

dunno, but its really damn annoying. especially considering they cancel the good (or at least decent) shows, and carry on with the crappy shows.
Quote from wien :It worked for Firefly though. They actually got a movie out of it in the end. (Which more or less tanked, despite being pretty good.) Drive is(was?) actually created by one of the writers/producers behind Firefly, an has Nathan Fillion from the same show in the lead, so the fans may stir up some noise this time too. Doubtful though, as it wasn't really that good.

i guess that's true. and i likely Serenity. and i hadn't seen of firefly at all when i watched it. and i like the movie so much, i just bought the series of firefly on dvd (haven't watched it yet though).
Some of the story line is good. Most of the driving scenes are ridiculous.
The angle at which they drive to cross multiple lanes of traffic on the highway is too unreal.
Quote from MARSH2a :Some of the story line is good. Most of the driving scenes are ridiculous.
The angle at which they drive to cross multiple lanes of traffic on the highway is too unreal.

Holywood lame people dude =P you gotta film a race sequence at 30mph with the camera on high zoom (to dont show much how fast they really going) and near the ground to improve speed feel, also change cameras like some pananoic guy running from its doctors, and make the drivers wrestle with the steering to change lane just like you do in real life when you want to do a 360 spin hahahahaha omg this is all soo lame and dumb its hilarious hahahah, what about wrecking 2 real porsches to make it look better LOLHAHA
i don't remember there being any porsches in the shows race, let a lone wrecked...or are you thinking of that horrid (looking) movie Redline with eddie griffith where he smashed up an enzo in a promotional auto-x.

Drive (TV series)
(33 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG