The online racing simulator
Messages / Hosting
(11 posts, started )
Messages / Hosting
I'm not sure where to post this ... if this should be the wrong section, sorry. I already did a couple of searches for similar threads, searched the manuals for info on this, etc, but with no success.

Whenever I've been hosting a server (not dedicated) lately, I've been getting additional messages. Example: Whenever someone leaves the pits, the message "driverName left the pits" is followed by a "PLJOIN" (or similar) message. I have no idea when these additional messages have been introduced, but I find them rather distracting. So my question is: What are these (additional) messages for, and is there any way to turn them off?

Thanks in advance.
I've no idea why it's not working but here is a question wich isn't, imo, sensless: Witch version of lfs do you run?
Hey, :lfs: works like a charm, no matter if I'm hosting or joining a server. There's just these "new" (?) "PLWHATEVER" messages I'm getting when hosting a (non-dedicated) server.

Version is "W" (no test patches).
Typically you get those messages with network debugging on, on the dedicated server, if I remember correctly.

Have you got that enabled?
I just checked that. Those "PLJOIN", "PLPITS" (etc) messages keep coming no matter if network debugging (SHIFT+F8, right?) is on or off.

Not sure if it matters, but (repeat) it's NOT a dedicated server.
Attached images
pljoin.jpg
Quote from AK-Chester :Not sure if it matters, but (repeat) it's NOT a dedicated server.

I was simply stating where you can get these errors, and a suggest of how you may have come about getting them.

I made no suggestion that you were running dedicated.

Have just tested it with W12. I can't make it come up with or without network debugging. My suggestion would be that you've change some obscure option somewhere, or it's a bug specific to W10.
Thanks for trying to help!
Quote from the_angry_angel :I was simply stating where you can get these errors, and a suggest of how you may have come about getting them.

I made no suggestion that you were running dedicated.

Ah, ok. I thought you did. But, like I said, I'm not sure whether this would make much difference here anyway.

Quote from the_angry_angel : Have just tested it with W12. I can't make it come up with or without network debugging. My suggestion would be that you've change some obscure option somewhere, or it's a bug specific to W10.

I somehow doubt it's a bug, but if so it's gotta be a "W" (official) one, 'cause I'm not running any test patches at all. It's probably just some button I accidently pressed ... wish I knew which one it is.
Hm, looks like I'm the only one getting these, huh? Weird.

Oh well, I guess I'll go for a fresh install when Version X comes out then.
That happends me too in non-dedicated server..
Yes it also does it to me when I host a non-dedicated server. I find it rather annoying also. Also if you do it in a dedicated host (on a side computer in which you can see the monitor) you can also see the PLJOIN etc.. I know it shows those messages in patch W but im not sure if it does in the test patches.
Whatever it was, Patch X fixed it for me. No more silly messages, yay!

Messages / Hosting
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG