The online racing simulator
Rules...
(55 posts, started )
Rules are complete. i've added some in places and adjusted others. plus added a little not to the end of the rules regarding loop holes. Rules should be attached to this post. rules are subject to change
Attached files
IGTC Rules.doc - 32 KB - 189 views
Nice!

I'm glad to see safety car periods have mandated the limiter, so i don't get rammed again...
Quote :3.2) if a member of a team wishes to do a driver swap, they may only join the server once their team car is in the final sector of the lap.

I think this rule we can take out. There are now 47 slots so I would say that every team can have 2 guys on the server (one driving and one spectating).
Quote from tomylee :I think this rule we can take out. There are now 47 slots so I would say that every team can have 2 guys on the server (one driving and one spectating).

I like the idea, but in practice it seems lots of connecting/disconnecting can interupt some people's connections. Plus it would very difficult to determine who is who's spotter/driver, as ~5 of the entries are 2 car teams, and to my knowledge the connections list is not sortable (very difficult to quickly find names). More connections adds a little burden to the drivers changes on the big connection list.
I have never really seen any problem because of the connection and disconnection from people.
For those teams wh have two cars on the grid they have 4 slots. How they sort it is their problem not the problem of the admins.
And for the driver change, I don't think this is really a problem. You have enough time to look that up.
Maybe we can add a certain rule so that not every minute somebody is coming and going. Like the next driver can come when ever he likes and the driver who just finished can stay how long he likes to (of course not both at the same time).

It just would be so stupid that there can just be one for each team when we have so many free slots.
You'll have to ask Benji, and while you might not get disruptions from join/leaving, others might.
Quote from srdsprinter :You'll have to ask Benji, and while you might not get disruptions from join/leaving, others might.

Look, a new driver has to join and the old one has to leave at one time. So if they do that a bit earlier or later it will not bring any problem with the connection for others.
Quote from tomylee :I think this rule we can take out. There are now 47 slots so I would say that every team can have 2 guys on the server (one driving and one spectating).

I am new to this series, but is seems to me that joining in the last sector before the driver change is a bit restrictive. The norm is anytime during the lap prior to the driver change.

If my teammate tries to join in the last sector before our first driver switch he may not have enough time to download all the required skins.

I agree with tomylee here. With a 47 connection server and only 15 teams competing, giving everyteam 2 slots seems managable.
Even one lap is quite short. I see no problem when he joins 10 or 15 minutes earlier.
Benji runs the show here, I'm just leaving my $.02:

We have ~23 teams signed up for the series. So theorhetically, under what you want, 46 drivers could have legitimate right to server spots. But with at least 2 marshalls on the server, some teams wouldn't be able to have a spotter, so it wouldn't be fair to everyone.
I see 22

And when I look at the races before, there never showed up 100%
And if we have 23 teams. The time frame should be at least 5min. There will be never 23 teams changing at the same time.
Right, but do you want rules written to promote expansion or limit the race to ~20 teams?
No I don*'t but right now we do not have that many so why not using those slots.
because i'd have to change it after IGTC gets more teams and i cba maybe? , tbh with the new slots it'd not so important to come in on the last sector, added to the fact that connection take time with the new patch. BUT the rule still stands, but maybe it can be expanded to on lap rather than the last sector. That rule was ripped from MoE so it's been tryed and tested and works no real need to change.
OK. Let's say 5min
ok, we can run 5 mins for this event due to the low turnout and see what it is like.
Just clarifying something here - the person who qualifies does not have to do the first stint?

Also start time, qualifying starts at 8:15pm BST?
8:00 BST and a 15 min break between qually and the race. the qualifying driver doesn't have to do the first stint
Quote :10.2) Shift+S is not allowed, this results in an instant DNF. Running out of Fuel is a DNF.

[wiseassmode]Shift+P is allowed? [/wiseassmode] ;P

What happens if one is stuck in the sand? (stating this as a XRR driver). Will you get pushed out of the sand or?
yes, this has been discussed earlier in either this thread or the suggestions thread, RB4 is the push car
Appie does have a point that the command has been switched to Shift+P. Rules should be updated just to keep up to date. GL today!
i'm sure i did, i hate freewebs!

edit: i knew i did, i did it when i added the clarrification rule and the rule about cutting. where did you get that copy from appie?
the rules are on the website, that doc was one i was working on and posted here for people to review and comment on.

Yes you will have to wait for a marshall to see it then the SC will be called out.

Rules...
(55 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG